Any audi techs out there???

importwarrior

Engineers design things for cost effectiveness. They design cars now for technicians to work on them, not the home mechanic under the shade tree. Feeding the corporation machine.

Yeah I know. Just like I know they make stuff to be completely disposable.

I transported a 1956 Chrysler Windsor this past week and realized how well crafted and engineered were older cars.

Everything from the engine, suspension to mirrors and windows. It was all made to last.

Todays cars are engineered to have a short shelf life. Really sucks.

I say cts v will do the same job but without a lot of the bs

Working at a GM dealer I have realized the CTS models are not too bad. Make sure when considering one it has consistent oil changes and you run full synthetic. The camshaft actuators and solenoids are prone to problems. Even one quart low on oil can cause the actuators to act up and make the engine run rough.

after working on older Audi's 5000's and so forth I can tell you every Audi will have the same problem as all the others

and at darn near the exact same mileage lol

and $500-$1000 was normal for any thing

I sometimes quiz the asian guy that does my inspections about what he sees coming in as I was considering finding a used Audi. He says, "oh, after maybe 5-6 years they get a lot of check engine light". I scrapped the idea.

I sometimes quiz the asian guy that does my inspections about what he sees coming in as I was considering finding a used Audi. He says, "oh, after maybe 5-6 years they get a lot of check engine light". I scrapped the idea.

the 'check eng ' lamp on the older cars were on a mileage timer ;) same as the BMW's easy reset

the 'check eng ' lamp on the older cars were on a mileage timer ;) same as the BMW's easy reset

Yeah but not a "service" light, I'm talking about codes. My 03 Volvo has only thrown a check engine light once, when a coil pack failed. "Service soon" light comes on every 7500 miles as a reminder to shovel the dealer large amounts of cash.

Still the 03 Audi RS6 was a Beast of a car.

That car had such a deep tone and a blast to drive.

Miltek turbo back exhaust. KW coilovers. Hothkis swaybars.

The coilovers gave it a stiff ride. Don't think it would

be good for a long trip. Fun car.