Brake resevoir cap

mbruneaux

If you have the time to get to a local yard you can find them pretty easy on most 90's and early 2000's Mitsu's. Just make sure it's the TSB revised white cap (the one in the link above) not the black cap that came on our cars. Last time I was at the yard I spun off 2 or 3 and gave them to local members.

What's wrong with the original black ones again? I have 2 with no leaks or issues

I read the TSB revision on it once, but it was a while ago, it's not the cap itself, it's the rubber gasket/seal thingy inside. Something about it doesn't seal quite right. I guess in theory you could probably swap the seal from the white one into the black one and it would be corrected. If you have a white cap and black cap, flip them over and look at them you'll see they are slightly different looking.

should be the same one from a 1990's model eclipse/talon if you want to try the slavage yards.

I can test fit it from my eclipse if that helps you.

Jerry L.

Thanks, that would be helpful

Supposedly the older rubber gaskets in the black caps would not seal air tight and let in moisture, contaminating the brake fluid. Mitsubishi revised the gasket and changed the cap color to better keep track of which one is the new revised one.

Little update on this thread .... I just so happened to be down at JMFabrications today for something related to my Eclipse when I noticed they are now making CNC Aluminum cap for the DSM world ... which obviously works on our cars as well. I'm gonna post up about it in the vendors listing section, but I thought I would update this thread as well.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/1871/slRpii.jpg

Here's the web link: http://www.jmfabrications.com/store/products/DSM-Aluminum-Brake-Fluid-Reservoir-Cap.html