D2 Coilovers: Important Notice

NikoFab

Hi Gang,

I've had two of you in the past week ask me about other D2 distributors from which you guys can purchase coilovers from.

I CAN STILL GET YOU D2 COILOVERS CHEAPER THAN ANYBODY ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Please consult the last group buy I ran...you will see that I posted that D2 sent over an extra 10 sets with our last special order. There are seven sets in stock stateside as of this very moment. Please don't waste your time with other distributors...they cannot come close to my SQC pricing...unless getting worked-over is your thing of course. :D

Additionally, I can get you guys anything D2 Racing offers...I'm not limited to Starquest stuff.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 1

Niko, I only ask this out of curiousity but can you get D2 to make custom sets of coilovers for us? For instance Convette got a set of their race coilovers, could you have a set of their rally coilovers made for someone who was willing to pay for it?

Niko, I only ask this out of curiousity but can you get D2 to make custom sets of coilovers for us? For instance Convette got a set of their race coilovers, could you have a set of their rally coilovers made for someone who was willing to pay for it?

I could certainly check. My gut says no...only due to the fact that it's one hell of a challenge to get them to do the normal ones. But money talks!

I would like to know if the strut is a standard size that is used on most cars?

The people that all ready have a set of D2s, I wonder if D2 has other struts from another car that would basically bolt in to our current D2 basically like stated above. Offering different styles. Race , ralley, what ever else.

So unbolt the strut from camber plate and screw it out of the lower part spindle/strut housing. Replace with different D2 race or ralley coilover,

Bolt back in.

I could certainly check. My gut says no...only due to the fact that it's one hell of a challenge to get them to do the normal ones. But money talks!

money always talks lol

I would like to know if the strut is a standard size that is used on most cars?

The people that all ready have a set of D2s, I wonder if D2 has other struts from another car that would basically bolt in to our current D2 basically like stated above. Offering different styles. Race , ralley, what ever else.

So unbolt the strut from camber plate and screw it out of the lower part spindle/strut housing. Replace with different D2 race or ralley coilover,

Bolt back in.

i would think they have 5-10 different struts in all, between different setups (length, stroke, bore, for different weight applications)

Nope it's $100 for air shipping and $130 a side for the front sleeve. 10 lead time if they have the parts on hand and up to 90 days if they need to manufacture. So guys measure 3 times cut once and make sure your bearings and spindles are good before the deal is sealed.

It's possible i suppose. I'd rather have them on hand in case there is any damage to them while trying to remove it. I had two button welds along with the bottom being welded. Also they were tight so the pressed them in. So with my luck like I said I'd rather have than have not.

You can re-use them. You can drill out the button welds with a larger drill bit or rotabroach. Then just cut them off at the bottom weld as close to the bottom as you can get. If you have any friends with a lathe, they can turn the bottoms down to clean up where they were welded before. I can do all of this for you if you want, and save you a ton of money. That's an insane price for those 2 sleeves, even before shipping.

BC_99