Nice table. You should deliver to my house.

I have yet to see any of the top Running guys ever post their timing or fuel maps .I understand why it is blood and sweat some guys work very hard on tuning and make their money that way.I coach little league but after i am finally getting down to my brothers shop to make alot of pulls on dyno I will post everything.The nicest thing is it will be on a dynomite dyno so i think a starquest first maybe.

And you shouldn't see any Dionell, its not all about the blood sweat and tears that went into it although that is part. It's more about the fact that tuning is better defined as calibration. You calibrate the motor for the induction/exduction pieces it has on it as well as the fuel quality being used, and your build/fuel/workmanship is not the same. Might be better, bigger, tail wagging badder but it isn't the same and using someone else's maps is kind of like using their underwear.

I see it all the time on the generic tuning sites, "I need a base map for a xxyyzz"! My answer is always the same, no you don't. It just leads to broken parts. You can post your maps and they may be interesting to look at but if anybody follows your recipe they won't be happy.

Maps/Tables are shown here http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51144

These can be used as base maps to get a car running but please don't go WOT with someone else tune.

Tuning maps will vary on each motor even if they are built with the same specs; elevation, air temps, knock, and humidity are some of the major tuning factors. I've screwed around with a number of cams, turbos and exhaust on my car. Re-tuning was necessary each time I changed a part that altered the flow of the engine.

Please do not take my post as a shot at any I do understand. On a side note I have had help by Funky phil over the phone and help from scott In which believe it or not I always give you guy credit in my parts here. I wish i was close to Tx i would have phil tune my car and pay every bit for it.

You think a hx35 on a tbi would make good power?

The wastegate it came with is set for 24psi.

I love this build though ..excellent job Phil!

• 2 weeks later...

^ I intend to find out. I'll say my 84 made 171 whp and 198 wtq on a mobile dyno at Factory MOD 2012 on about 10 psi, really heat soaked (car sat idling for atleast 30 minutes before making the pull), on a stock size TB, ebay wastegate, and not revving past 5000 rpm (with a schneider 296 cam). I know this will sound like I'm making excuses for it, but, this same dyno said a high 11 second 1G DSM was making ~250 whp. So who really knows how accurate it was.

That being said, when the car is running again it will be on a LSP 52mm TB, 2 x 120lb injectors, and E85. Then I'll crank the boost up to where the HX35W really starts to get into its efficiency range and see what it does.

Also great job on the build! :)