Darn timing belt

I'm sorry didn't realize my post didn't make sense. I was just stating I got a similar issue as far as having to do timing work on my motor.

They are not the same. One is a belt the other has chains . It's totally different. By me saying I'm having timing probs also makes no sense to a lot of you . It's the silent shaft chain anyway.just gonna do all timing components also.I know what to do to fix it. Flush & bearings..ya ya ..

No thread jacking please. Sorry Skullz

flush out the oil cooler and oil cooler hoses real good.

Skull,

thought you'd have that thing done by now.

the original poster has a timing belt.

this is kind of off topic right now....

Skull get to work fix that thing

cant fix it without the parts lol, they should be here today

STOP YELLING! lol

on a note, i swapped my tensioner yesterday with the original, to find out its the balance shaft tensioner making the noise (sprayed it with water and it gets quiet for a second)

If you have a bearing that's making noise but isn't trashed yet you can use a syringe to inject grease behind the seal. I did that on an idler belt pulley and 6 months later the bearing was still fine.

I always add a little more tension after running them a while, the 4d55 have a warning light to tell when they're loose.

80,000km max on timing belts, luckily if it breaks you can get away with just replacing just 4 inlet rockers.

Twin v-belt van engine by the looks, they go well. I use the old non wastegate 4d55 turbo setup on ours but regret swapping to the 2.5.

All parts are easy to get new still or were last time I checked, Hyundai even do a new complete engine, gates are my preferred belts on these or Mitsi genuine.

I always add a little more tension after running them a while, the 4d55 have a warning light to tell when they're loose.

80,000km max on timing belts, luckily if it breaks you can get away with just replacing just 4 inlet rockers.

Twin v-belt van engine by the looks, they go well. I use the old non wastegate 4d55 turbo setup on ours but regret swapping to the 2.5.

All parts are easy to get new still or were last time I checked, Hyundai even do a new complete engine, gates are my preferred belts on these or Mitsi genuine.

Why do you regret going from 2.3 to 2.5?

Would be hell to try and find a set of roller mechanicals for less than the price of a replacement head.

Yea it's from a 91 delica

Need to try and get everything ready Lol.

Oil change today. Need to get intercooler mounted still. Wish I had the money for a water pump, starting to leak a little from the weeper

i do have atleast 1 weak glowplug lol

i have a few old left over glow plus somewhere...lol i did a home made bsek... i removed the shafts. cut the shafts but left the pulley portion and welded the oil feed to the balance shaft bearings. you need the pulleys to hold the portions in, and to maintain oil pressure but, but no more shafts. and no need for the inner belt.

Edited by wrngwae

Why do you regret going from 2.3 to 2.5?

Would be hell to try and find a set of roller mechanicals for less than the price of a replacement head.

Yea it's from a 91 delica

2.3 revs better. Can buy new rockers individually, I only said you can do that as the vehicles they are in here are worth virtually nothing so mostly now we only patch fix them as it makes no sense to fully recondition them anymore.

2.3 revs better. Can buy new rockers individually, I only said you can do that as the vehicles they are in here are worth virtually nothing so mostly now we only patch fix them as it makes no sense to fully recondition them anymore.

dont need revs, its a diesel lol

though in off road i suppose if stuck being able to rev more would help