Wicked Tooth Pain!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I absolutely hate going to the dentist. So when I got an upper tooth pain couple weeks ago, I already knew root canal time.

I've been procrastinating the heck out of it. Now I've got a darn abscessed tooth, (pus filled bubble on gum). Yeah, pretty darn gross.

I don't know what is worse the tooth pain or the pain the dentist will inflict on my wallet! Last root canal I had done, I've could have gone full MPI!

I tell u man I went through a couple root canals .

I never thought about how I spent my mpi money on my tooth lmafo.

Either way man you gotta get it fixed. The abscessed tooth can cause you some serious health issues. And the fact

You are up posting topics at 3 am alone because of pain isn't good lol

Good luck bud

I tell u man I went through a couple root canals .

I never thought about how I spent my mpi money on my tooth lmafo.

Either way man you gotta get it fixed. The abscessed tooth can cause you some serious health issues. And the fact

You are up posting topics at 3 am alone because of pain isn't good lol

Good luck bud

Yeah, I think of every bogus expense in terms of "I could go MPI with that money!"

Lol. Yeah, the pain sucks. But seems to have subsided. Which I've read is not a good sign either.

infections in the mouth can spread throughout the whole body. best to get it looked at

See what you get for procrastinating? Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I know. There is nothing else in this world that I dislike more than eentalbwork. I have the sore genetics for teeth.

I brush religiously 4 to 5 times a day and I still get cavities. This is root canal # 4 for me.

Pulling the tooth is more problematic. I don't like bridges and implants are crazy expensive as well. And no way I'm walking around minus 1 tooth.

I was up in the middle of the night partially because of the pain. But mostly because I read a bunch of horror stories on the Web about the dangers of tooth infections.

If your worried about the expense take a look at a dentist in a ethnic neighborhood. When i didnt have health/dental insurance i found a Vietnamese dentist fairly inexpensive. Maybe an hispanic neighborhood or Vietnamese neighborhood. Teeth are teeth. It doesnt/didnt bother me going to a small simple office. I also try to see a female dentist. My belief is that they generally tend to have smaller hands so less stress on my jawing trying to stretch it open.

If your worried about the expense take a look at a dentist in a ethnic neighborhood. When i didnt have health/dental insurance i found a Vietnamese dentist fairly inexpensive. Maybe an hispanic neighborhood or Vietnamese neighborhood. Teeth are teeth. It doesnt/didnt bother me going to a small simple office. I also try to see a female dentist. My belief is that they generally tend to have smaller hands so less stress on my jawing trying to stretch it open.

Yeah, I've tried that. Went to downtown to a heavily Central American populated area. This one Jewish dentist highly recommended, probably mainly because he takes payments.

He did good work. But was kind of a drive so I quit after the 4th visit.

Was talking to older fellows about this abscessed tooth. Man, they scared the crap out of me. Now I'm worried. I have not cared much till this point. Seems like it's a big deal, make you real sick, may even kill!

My diesel mechanic ended up in the hospital because of an infected tooth. And he's a tough bird!

Too late for a dentist today. Going in the AM. So much for work.

Meh, pop that thing and take some flinstones vitamins. You'll be fine. :P

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But if any of it goes down the throat it's bad news.

Ignorance is bliss. I should have just stayed out of google. Lol Now I'm all hypochondriac.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But if any of it goes down the throat it's bad news.

It's not so much ingesting the stuff that's the issue. It's if you try to pop the abscess like a pimple and it drains into your blood stream, think of it as popping "inwards" as opposed to "outwards". Bad news ish.

I've got similar weak genetics for teeth, coupled with the fact that I was sick as an infant. My doctors tell me all the meds they gave me set me up for weakened teeth.

As much as you may dislike the dentist, you're better off having it dealt with before you end up like your mechanic. These problems don't fix themselves, even if they do seem to go away for a little while. When it does come back, it'll most definitely be worse. I once let a cavity go for so long (years), it ate the entire inside of the tooth leaving only a tooth shaped shell. The tooth ended up crumbling like a wet PEZ candy while I was eating lunch one day.

I always hated seeing the dentist as well, but recently found one that is very gentle and walks me through what he's doing while he does it, explains what tools do what, etc.... For some reason that part puts me at ease. They are more costly then other places I've been, but the level of comfort they provide far outweighs any monetary savings in my mind.

i just had to go through that. had a pain, ignored it. pain stopped.

turns out the tooth died and got infected. had to get a root canal and a crown. $2400

I suggest getting it handled as soon as you can, the longer you wait, the more expensive it gets.

i just had to go through that. had a pain, ignored it. pain stopped.

turns out the tooth died and got infected. had to get a root canal and a crown. $2400

I suggest getting it handled as soon as you can, the longer you wait, the more expensive it gets.

Just literally left the dentist office. It is bad, as in I waited waaaay too long bad. Gonna cost me north of $6000 to get my grill healthy.

Two root canals, three crowns and a couple of cavities. They started work with the pus filled tooth. They drilled it, opened it up to the roots and drilled some more to drain it.

With my face numb I can feel the throbing pain. I can tell when anesthesia wears out I'm gonna be in a world of pain tonight!

It's hurting like a son of a b!!!! I don't wish this pain on my worse enemy.

Over $6000! Man, you know the kind of Starion/ Conquest I can buy with that money!

Take 4 aleeve ASAP. I know the bottle says just take one. I've had docs tell me to take 4 at a time and I've had prescriptions for 4x the store bought dose in one pill. Aleeve is naproxin sodium, an anti inflamatory drug. It will lessen the inflamation that is causing your mouth pain.

I've had pluresy before. Inflamation of the lining of the lungs. People die from that because it hurts so bad to breathe. My doc said take 4 aleeve while waiting for the prescription. Breathing for the doc exam made the pluresy flare up and in no time I was literally on the floor. I took 4 aleeve and in 20 minutes I went from on the bathroom floor barely breathing to walking around and feeling ok. That crap is amazing.

They gave me a prescription for the good stuff pain killers. I'm hoping it gets me through the night.

Ad to think, I only have to go through this another two visits. The rest of the work is not quite as painful.

I keep hearing from people that are into alternative medicine, that brushing ones teeth too often is not good. I brush after eating anything and I keep getting cavities. Is maybe part crappy teeth genes and part maintenance.

Ouch... Sorry to hear its so expensive. Hopefully you'll get some irs relief soon. I rinse with listerene before I brush. Helps kill the crap in there.

Hope you feel better soon.

and ya, that would have been a hell of a car

Edited by 87redcat