Well 2015 build has begun

stariondreams

Well last year was engine this year main focus is suspension. and Brakes ok the list

New front and rear rotors with ceramic pads

New rear calipers

New rear Ebrake cables

New inner and outer tie rod ends

New idler arm

New pitman arm

Gear box rebuild kit

New stainless steel brake lines

New GNT bushing kit

New GNT torque tube bushings

New GNT rear diff mounts

New front engine mounts (black from steboni group buy)

New 240mm fly wheel

New grip force 240mm 6 puck sprung( i hope it holds)

New Schneider 284 hydraulic cam

New Beehive springs

New M28 non jet head ( will be polished by me)

New ajusa Head gasket

The only 2 things I have not gotten my hands on yet are new Front and Rear sway bars *** working on locating some

And last piece Is D2's I have the money but waiting for the hold to release and i will be paying off Nikko fab (anyday now I hope)

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/bigmandsm/2014%20starion%20build/IMG_20150218_195007_1.jpg

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/bigmandsm/2014%20starion%20build/IMG_20150218_193226_1.jpg

Lemmeno how those K-sports do for ya. Got D2's coming, but I was looking at the K-sports as well.

They are the exact same except ksports are orange and d2s are purple. D2s through niko are cheaper than ksports, xyz(ebay) are also similar but much cheaper quality.

Edited by tankbob

When I looked into buying stainless steel brake lines I decided against it. I came across alot of different discussions about people having brake line blow outs with them. It wasn't all just 1 brand either. I'm not trying to scare you or say you wasted your money, just telling you to be careful! P.s. it wasn't starquest specific but one of the brands that came up with this problem ssupplies them for our cars and starts with a G........

D2's and K-sports

it is almost identical AND the following descrepancies I have found:

- Megan listing 10/8 and 32 way adjustable

- D2 users/seller specify it being 11/7 and 32 or 36 way adjustable*

- K-Sports being 10/6 and 36 way adjustable*

* but this is just general overview that I recollect after researching posts and info REGARDING D2 and KSport over the last few days.

everyone says they look gawd awfully similar... and well, someone on Vancouver Civics Club seemed to have gave us the concrete solution.

D2 = K-Sport = Hayame = Megan

anymore to add to this list?

btw, the TDM (Taiwan Domestic Market) or MIT (Made In Taiwan) manufacturer states their piston diameter to be 44mm. I have yet to get a reply from any one specifying the piston diameter for D2, K-Sport, Megan.

If indeed they all have the SAME piston diameter... then I am lead to believe all the "slightly different pricing" of each BRAND name of coilover is perhaps due to small differences such as specified spring rates and ## way adjusability?

I hope this is valid info, please correct me if i'm wrong... I am done.

When I looked into buying stainless steel brake lines I decided against it. I came across alot of different discussions about people having brake line blow outs with them. It wasn't all just 1 brand either. I'm not trying to scare you or say you wasted your money, just telling you to be careful! P.s. it wasn't starquest specific but one of the brands that came up with this problem ssupplies them for our cars and starts with a G........

Yep, you've got to modify the points where they secure to the struts if the car is dropped, you've got to move the mount down farther. D2's come with the relocation brackets. Once you do that they are not stressed by the suspension movement. Dunno about a specific brand defect but the ones I got from Lower Shores are going strong after 4 years.