brake booster question

importwarrior

Been researching since looking at this thread. There is a Dual Chase Bay Master for the Evo X

• Full replacement kit of the OEM brake booster and master cylinder
  • Single Outlet CB-U-BBE: Includes BLACK anodized aluminum firewall plate with all stainless hardware needed, black 7/8" Wilwood master cylinder, and brake pedal adapter
  • Dual Outlet Outlet CB-U-BBE2: Includes BLACK anodized aluminum firewall plate with all stainless hardware needed, 1" Wilwood master cylinder, and brake pedal adapter

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-54281255743652/chase-bays-brake-booster-eliminator-w-dual-outlet-master-cylinder-evo-x-3.gif

Edited by 87-88-89

Man, I hate to think of just how much pedal force that'd require though. I'm running a 5/8" master cylinder to the rear and a 3/4" up front to balance out the stock rear brakes to the four piston Wilwoods I have up front. Even with those tiny master cylinders and some additional leverage from the linkage between the pedal and cylinders brake force is still pretty damn considerable.

I can't imagine what a 1" master cylinder direct to the stock pedal would feel like.

I rember reading on there somewhere a mustang one will bolt up iirc it was tiny think I saw it in engine sappers I'll try to find a link

It doesnt bolt up, but can be made to work, with drilling welding and a BFH.

The Challenger booster has four studs on the front which looks like you could use a vertical or horizontal mount master cylinder.

Depending on the width of the horizontal studs you might be able to use a 300zx or 350z master cylinder. The 350Z track editions came with large Brembo brakes so that master cylinder should be adequate for using four pot calipers in the front.

Not to mention if the Challenger booster is 2" smaller it might make better clearance for MPI swaps

Edited by Turbo Cary

• 2 weeks later...

80 Challenger booster which is 1 1/2 inch smaller in diameter than OEM

maybe 2 inches

Edited by G54Bstore