Measles "OutBreak": Cali Disney

I'm sure all of you have seen the news on the recent measles outbreat that is said to have originated from a visiter of Disney.

I was born in '75 and I recall as a kid, vaccinations were a big deal. It was so important to be vaccinated.

But I've noticed in recent years there has been an anti vaccination movement. Some people seem to believe they are unnecessary and in fact blame vaccinations for autism.

Don't know about you guys. But I am sure glad myself and my family had all the vaccines. Such a simple thing to do to protect family's health.

people who are "anti-vaxxers" seem to (from what i've seen) be largely ignorant of the scientific method and ignorant to how vaccinations protect a population. it's pretty bad that our society has children dying or being severely injured, simply because the parents made the conscious choice to not have their kids vaccinated. and it also puts others at risk, because now people who are older whose vaccinations have faded have an increased likelihood of coming in contact with an infected person, simply because there's MORE infected people.

probably the most heartwrenching case of bad parenting was this kid who got some disease that is normally fought off easily, but due to his lack of vaccination, it wrecked his body so bad that they had to cut off his arms and legs.

that is horrible.

Well there are certain reasons people are anti vaccine. Most vaccines do not have any ingredients listed what so ever. Some contain mercury and other harmful chemics depending on their manufacture.

One of the drivers from Advance Auto that delivers to my shop went and got a flu shot from a local clinic. A few hours later he collapsed and almost died. The doctors did say it had something to do with the shot he received.

I think vaccines are important but should have a list of what all is put into the vaccine before being given to you. I dont like the thought of having an injection without knowing everything inside that syringe.

We have some former friends who don't believe in vaccinations. They are both well educated. But they are the type who are into conspiracy theories, "the man" is trying to get us type.

They don't vaccinate their kid. Their kid got chicken pox and they took her out in public like that.

We stopped letting out kids play with theirs. Sucked to do so. But even us as adults got a little concerned.

They don't vaccinate their kid. Their kid got chicken pox and they took her out in public like that.

When I was young around 5-6 (im 29 now) my parents would take my brother and I to other kids houses to try and have us get the chicken pox. We would never get it though. Im scared as an adult if I get it that it could be really bad from what I've heard. Anyone know about stuff like that?

Kids need to get sick to build up there immunity, however, there is a need for vaccinations. One of the issues with all the illegals in this country is they are not vaccinated and brining diseases across our borders. The anti vaccers believe it is not needed and link some of these shots to autism and other ailments. Do as you please but some of this stuff was invented to help, not hurt.

One of the issues with all the illegals in this country is they are not vaccinated and brining diseases across our borders.

Theres a problem with a blanket statement like that. 1) most countries, including "3rd world" countries have mandatory vaccination. Kids are vaccinated prior to

entering school and are actually vaccinated in schools. Not a choice.

2) at one point all human beings require medical care, legal or otherwise. Kids in the states are required to provide proof of vaccination before entering public schools, specially if they are not US born.

3) The dangerous diseases like Ebola don't originate from the Americas, which is from where the largest group of "illegals" come from.

4) Europeans were the ones who brought life threatening illnesses to the Americas that wiped out many of the native poeple's who lived here.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/vectors-or-victims-docs-slam-rumors-migrants-carry-disease-n152216

Edited by louswheel

As a result of my oldest son having a fairly serious reaction to a vaccination (and afterwards an even more serious reaction to the antiboitic they gave him as a result) when he was only days old, my wife and I have taken a very educated approach when it comes to vaccinating our children. We are not anti-vax by any means but we do challenge the 'requirements' of our society. Our primary concern has been and shall continue to be the frequency of the vaccinations. By that I mean the amount of different vax that are required at a single doctor's visit for a child at such a young age. The credit goes more so to my wife who carefully researches each vaccination. She studies the test reports, ingredients, potential side effects, etc. for each one and extensively researches potential implications that may arrise with combining with another vaxination. In addition, it is important to way in the severity of the disease that the vax is to prevent...asking ourselves, what are the chances of contacting this disease, when was the last recorded case or outbreak, etc. She worked with our pediatrician to develop a schedule to address our concerns. Currently my boys are vaccinated but are not completely up to date with society's current standards. But with exception to only a couple specific vax's, they will eventually be up to date. Now that they are older and past that critical development age, we have been more aggressive in the vax schedule.

But I just love our society, there are only two options; 1. conform to the vax schedule 100% or 2. completely opt out with a religious exemption. Typical US way...all or nothing. The number one thing that drives me nuts about people in this country. I don't understand why everyone needs to think of things as YES or NO. God forbid you are in the middle...understanding both sides of the equation and trying to make the right choices that fit your own family's needs and making compromises based on calculated risks.

kev