Topic: National Meets, Topic: Attendance at meets.....................come on man

PDodson

I wish I had the time to take off for it but unfortunately if I have to decide between seeing my family in Georgia and going to Texas for a meet, family comes first. We ought to do tail of the dragon one year. Or is there going to be pigeon forge again? I could possibly do pf

I wish I had the time to take off for it but unfortunately if I have to decide between seeing my family in Georgia and going to Texas for a meet, family comes first. We ought to do tail of the dragon one year. Or is there going to be pigeon forge again? I could possibly do pf

Pidgeon forge is every year, around July 4th weekend

You know, one thing I've noticed is since PF is like two hours from the Dragon, and it being around the 4th, the Dragon is terribly busy and almost incovenient for people to go drive. This past weekend I was at Fontana Village Resort for a car festival, and ran Hellbender and the Dragon Friday night, Hellbender, Dragon, Foothills Parkway, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Cheraholah Parkway Saturday, hooned Hellbender and the Dragon late at night again. Discovered you can heat treat brake calipers - what were once silver are now gold :blink: Had fun BS'ing with the Saleen Club of America that was also there, along with Corvette Club of Atlanta, and Alabama. Also hung out with the Killboy Racing crew at their shop. ^_^

I think a Tail of the Dragon meet would be cool, but it might be better served separate of the Pigeon Forge meet and at Fontana Village Resort ( or some place in Robbinsville ) due to the immediate vicinity, along with traffic. We all know how frustrating it is to be having fun going around those corners only to come across someone who's enjoying the view and not courteous enough to pull over when they have 10 cars lined up behind them.

• 2 weeks later...

I really was expecting more texas peeps to show up since the meet is in Texas

Truth be told, Texas guys were out in full force.

Nick - wife and kids

Mark - wife and kids

Alex - wife and kids

John - wife

Donny - son

Tony

Gary

Phil - wife

Ryan - wife

Daniel

Eduardo

Kevin

Zach - friend

Steven

Big John - wife

Brian

Jason

Jerry - friend

Ken

Joe - wife and kids

That's twenty Texas guys I recall just off the top of my head...may have missed a few. That's more than half of the Texas members that I know...pretty good ratio in my opinion.

Anyway, sure it's nice to have as many cars as possible, but I personally was there to meet with other members first and foremost. Twenty one cars were there...but there were close to 45-50 members which I though was great. Got to put a lot of names to faces...AND got me some Abita Root Beer! :D

Edited by NikoFab

Hopefully, people like Sotty and Niko don't measure success of their meets in car count. To me, that's not what makes an event successful. Both meets I went to were awesome and I am thankful for the opportunity to attend due to some hard working folks on a thankless job.

Heck no Tim! I thought it was great. We had right up there around fifty members show up total...forty-four of which I had never met in person...I personally had a great time. Got to see over twenty road-running Starquests...although not all of them were road-running by the end of the weekend lol.

Edited by NikoFab

Truth be told... We had one Helll of a good time. it was a blast. And i got to meet a lot of great people and a few new phone numbers to bug to death lol...