Best way to tie down my car.

BOHO

I haven't trailered my car 800 miles before so I'm looking for a little advice. Of course I have no tow hooks because I'm retarded. My car is also pretty low. Just wondering what most people do in the front as far as an anchor points. Thanks for the advice fellas.

Bradn

bolt down the right front and left rear tow hook. i use chain with hooks and a load binder. hook the chain from your right front tow hook to a d ring, make sure you have clearance for the air dam, put your car in neutral, hook the chain to the left rear tow hook and ratchet it down snug. put it in gear, apply the e-brake and roll.

if you can't re apply the tow hooks you can always use axle straps thru the wheels ;), quest wheels are nice and roomy for those to fit right thru.

Food for thought, competent tow truck drivers will never use the bolted on tow hooks. The bolts can come loose and cause the car to fall off the truck. Tow trucks use either the axle, suspension or wheels to tie down the car.

/\ /\ What he said.

On a long haul, I would tie down all four wheels. It keeps the suspension free to do its thing and the wheels planted firmly.

Heavy duty straps and rachets is a must. And of course set the parking brake and put it in gear. Be sure to distribute the weight of the car on the trailer properly, not too far forward or to far back.

/\ /\ What he said.

On a long haul, I would tie down all four wheels. It keeps the suspension free to do its thing and the wheels planted firmly.

Heavy duty straps and rachets is a must. And of course set the parking brake and put it in gear. Be sure to distribute the weight of the car on the trailer properly, not too far forward or to far back.

Agree with you but DO NOT leave it in gear. I put the straps thru the mag wheels with a square of soft carpet under the straps to help protect the wheels finish.

I have front wheel stops bolted in place so that I can load my car by myself and not have the front splitter hit anything.

Need to order a set making another trip as well, using a auto transporter from uhaul.

They have the ratchet straps that goes over the tops of the wheel.

pay attention I have found most of those web straps do not fit wide tires very well , I have had them walk off the tires when hauling a Conquest