parting out most of an 88 TSi. - updates at the end of OP

stancemx6

If I quote you too high of a price PLEASE counter offer me, I am not familiar with pricing for these cars. Don't think you will lowball me the worst I can do is say no. I need to get this stuff moved!

Suspension and drivetrain from the transmission back are not for sale, these parts will live on in a formerly FWD car.

The bottom end is siezed and the exterior is in bad shape, the interior is mint with the exception of the drivers seat and lower passenger seat. It is red on black leather. Everything on or in the motor and interior is for sale, all electrical items and harness are in working condition. If you need anything specific just ask. this is not my car i am parting it for a friend who isnt internet savvy and has never parted out a car before. However while taking it apart i could tell it was well maintained (new hoses all over, newish looking radiator, etc)

things i know:

1. turbine housing is not cracked.

2. exhaust manifold is cracked.

3. turbo looks in good condition with extremely minor shaft play, but the turbine fins have damage on the outside edge. still built boost and the turbo is for sale however it would be sold as-is. a new turbine wheel would set it straight.

black/polished SHP rims will be posted tomorrow, no less than $600 and i will ship them at the buyer's expense. the tires are shot so they wont be included. they were not SHP rims

here are a few things that were pulled the first night we got it in my basement, as of right now the engine and interior sans dash are completely removed.

UPDATE: 9-6-11

I bought a mazda miata 6 spd for my RWD conversion so this one is up for sale,

5 speed trans includes mount and crossmember $125 + shipping, new-ish looking full face clutch (assuming OEM) and pressure plate with stock flywheel can be included for an extra $25

mint condition gauge hood, no cracks and still glossy like new - $60 + shipping

Dash pad, center console, stereo bezel, all mint condition 0

Center console - $50 + shipping

Dash pad - offer + shipping

B pillars, C pillars - $10 per piece

JDM starion hatch badging

SOLD PARTS

Automatic seatbelts

rear seat belts

A pillars

rear seats 10/10 condition, black leather

Clutch/flywheel

Accordion hose

MSD blaster 2 and OVCP

MAF

Knock box

Stereo bezel

door panels

all components on and near the engine bay firewall

both engine bay harnesses

complete intake manifold

all B and C pillar pieces including roof panel

both center console pieces

Pretty much the only stuff left is the mint carpet and headliner, mint dash, the mint gauge hood, 5 spd trans, and a good head. 2.5" exhaust (not mandrel bent) also the turbine housing is not cracked and for sale.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by stancemx6

I Don't know what an etac is but I know I haven't sold one yet.

The car ran great until the bottom end locked up,so I'm sure it is good.

As far as the injectors I have the to that are on the car and one with a green cap that I found inside the car I know the to in the car work but I don't know anything about the one I found

well it turns out they were not SHP wheels as i was told they were, i took them off to check before i went and posted them and the rears are 16x8, the fronts are at a friends but were def skinnier than these. it has SHP struts and the sticker in the door jam has SHP tire sizes so not sure where they got lost at along the line but they did. sucks :-(

100 shipped for the injectors