Is it normal?

mbruneaux

I owned three at one time for nearly 10 years. All registered, insured and running. It's kinda' nice really, if one breaks down you know one of the other ones will get you to work. Moving around in the Marines got the better of me though, so I'm down to one. At this point I have no place to put it but I stubbornly refuse to part with it and probably always will.

Yep I agree. I have a red 87, white 86 and if I wasnt married, I would have already had a blue 88 or 89.

My wife keeps me in check. that's why the parts I do buy get sent to my work address.lol

Yep I agree. I have a red 87, white 86 and if I wasnt married, I would have already had a blue 88 or 89.

My wife keeps me in check. that's why the parts I do buy get sent to my work address.lol

X2

I'm thinking of having our barn be 279a instead of 279. For all those mysterious packages. As long as her Rover can pull her horse trailer and she doesn't have to drive a minivan she should be happy.

Sorry redcat, I don't know how to do the copy and paste of other peoples posts and comment below

no prob. just hit that quote button on the bottom right of the screen.

funny though, we own the same cars,

I agree that this behavior is very common. Same way people have a type when dating. However, I dont get it....

Like I want numerous cars, but I'd never ever want two of the same kind. Like I have a mini suv and a sports car. Now I'm eying luxury cars. I also could use a pickup. Then maybe a hypermile thing like geo metro.Even in the case of, say a 2jz swapped quest and a 4d56t one, while radically different, are still the same car to me.

I agree that this behavior is very common. Same way people have a type when dating. However, I dont get it....

Like I want numerous cars, but I'd never ever want two of the same kind. Like I have a mini suv and a sports car. Now I'm eying luxury cars. I also could use a pickup. Then maybe a hypermile thing like geo metro.Even in the case of, say a 2jz swapped quest and a 4d56t one, while radically different, are still the same car to me.

A hypermile? I had a teal colored 2 door Geo Metro that got 45mpg but a top speed of 65mph when the a/c was on. Great car and easy to work on.

Is it normal to want to buy every dilapidated Starquest you see for sale even though you have no time, space or money? I hate this feeling.

At one time i did just that , had the time,space and money ended up with 30 plus of them , lost count around 2010 ,i even misplaced a black 88 Starion that i forgot i moved to another location , was useful when i needed a part for restoration ,now it's become a headache due mainly to a change in my job circumstances and i now don't have the free time to dedicate to the SQ thing like i used to.

Sold a few off and scraping the rest when time permits , 17 to go.

Edited by SOTTY