Popular Mechanics 12 greatest cars...

Greg23

My brother-in-law told me it was Popular Mechanics. The search I did gave me the R&T list and I didn't notice it wasn't a Popular Mechanics article. He probably had them confused, which led to my confusion.

^^ that commercial is enough to sell me on it - that, and it's an Austin Yellow one too

Yeah. Kinda' interesting how little change there really is in the automotive industry. Look at the whole color line up for the new M3. A yellow, a blue, a red, a black, a silver, a gray, and two whites. What else are they going to do really. Make it flashy. Make it fast. Advertise it with something you'd get a ticket for and hope for the best.

Yeah. Kinda' interesting how little change there really is in the automotive industry. Look at the whole color line up for the new M3. A yellow, a blue, a red, a black, a silver, a gray, and two whites. What else are they going to do really. Make it flashy. Make it fast. Advertise it with something you'd get a ticket for and hope for the best.

" If it ain't broke, why fix it? "

Hm, now if only they made one in the acid green metallic their sport bike comes in.

That blue they had that was like Ford's Grabber Blue looked damn good on those M3's, years ago.

Edited by Fuze

Was that blue on the '96-'98 M3's? Best style they made IMO. I read the motors in those were actually not built by the "M" division, but I'd still take one, maybe supercharge it...

That sounds about right. Estoril blue was the E36 M3 EVO launch color, and that was like '96. Estoril is a bit like grabber blue.

Edited by chiplee

That fire ad was the one that convinced me I wanted this car. I test drove a red one then took the blue one off the showroom floor.

Ever take it in for service about the fiery burnouts malfunctioning?

Edited by chiplee

Talked to my pops and he told me he checked one out at a dealer in the 80's and didn't like the shape of the A-pillar. He also said they were overpriced. Then he bought a Honda Accord. DAMMIT POPS!