MOD: Met The Starion Designer!!

I dont think MPI was available on any car in 1983. So unfortunately mitsu stayed with it until production ceased.....im sure the guy didnt have any say in it anyways.

Im guessing mitsu knew the starion was going to be a limited production car with a short life....so it wasnt worth it to them.

The 944, 300zx and supra were all MPI. Those cars were compared to the SQ in all the car magazines. The fastest was the 944 then the SQ. If mitsu had made the SQ MPI it would have been the fastest by far.

• Like 1

The 944, 300zx and supra were all MPI. Those cars were compared to the SQ in all the car magazines. The fastest was the 944 then the SQ. If mitsu had made the SQ MPI it would have been the fastest by far.

It would have killed all competition had it been MPI. Can you imagine a 250 HP/ 330 ft of torque Starion from the factory? It was not a far fetched feat thing to do.

but in 1983? Can you link me to something...I'd be interested to read about it

It would have killed all competition had it been MPI. Can you imagine a 250 HP/ 330 ft of torque Starion from the factory? It was not a far fetched feat thing to do.

I can't see that being cost effective or emissions friendly.

Also the Japanese have corporate gentleman's agreements on things like power output, hence they wouldn't strive for those numbers.

no one noticed Rob in the back ground in a very familiar pose?

LMAO! Yes, it's a bad habit. Nice catch! I'm sure that I do it more when I've an empty. I think i was killing my McD's coffee. Either way, 12oz curls ftmfw!