Dodge Hellcat Yeah!

scott87star

I'd still pick the Camaro zl1 or z/28 or it. Probably even the SS. Or the Lotus Evora. Compact, midengine v6, Good power and mpg, handling, smooth ride. and if memory serves me correctly, it even has back seats. Well lets face it I'd almost take any sports car over the hellcat or new mopar, not much of a fan of the mopars unless its around 50 years old. Edited by Jack86

I'd still pick the Camaro zl1 or z/28 or it. Probably even the SS. Or the Lotus Evora. Compact, midengine v6, Good power and mpg, handling, smooth ride. and if memory serves me correctly, it even has back seats. Well lets face it I'd almost take any sports car over the hellcat or new mopar, not much of a fan of the mopars unless its around 50 years old.

I actually think the ZL1 is the better car of the two... Provided they don't issue a recall for failing brake systems in the next week, lol.

Joking aside, the hellcat is a pig, and I don't expect it to handle without modifications. But the raw horsepower numbers there are fantastic for a factory car, and it's got a presence the other modern muscle cars don't have.

I wouldn't buy it to be the fastest car out there, but I'd buy it to drive on the weekends and pick up chicks in ; ].

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT w/ Hellcat Engine

Base price: $60,990

Powertrain: 6.2-liter supercharged V8, 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive – 707 horsepower, 650 lb-ft. torque

nuff said, but think of what you could build for that amount of cash :blink:

MEH, Challengers are bloated, huge, heavy cars designed for the older nostalgic guys to drive on cruise night or to the Costco. Not in the same league as the more athletic American throwbacks like the Stang and Camaro. I suppose they figured they'd give it 700HP to make it more competitive, maybe in a burnout contest?

chally's are pigs and i'm old but it's my wife car and she drives it to cruise nights :P however, it will outhandle my starion ( eibachs, kyb's and full poly bushings ) AND run a 13 second 1/4 mile bone stock ;) ferd rustangs and shivey cameroz arent in the same league :lol:

my 2.6 cents...being an older nostalgic MOPAR guy -_-

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT w/ Hellcat Engine

Base price: $60,990

Powertrain: 6.2-liter supercharged V8, 8-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive – 707 horsepower, 650 lb-ft. torque

nuff said, but think of what you could build for that amount of cash :blink:

I would be very nice to have a 707hp car with a full warranty lol!

chally's are pigs and i'm old but it's my wife car and she drives it to cruise nights :P however, it will outhandle my starion ( eibachs, kyb's and full poly bushings ) AND run a 13 second 1/4 mile bone stock ;) ferd rustangs and shivey cameroz arent in the same league :lol:

my 2.6 cents...being an older nostalgic MOPAR guy -_-

I think you need some D2's buddy! My Starion will outhandle my Vette in a lot of situations even though it has less grip. I do like the way the Challengers look especially dropped and modded correctly, but they BIG. :P

I was at the Mile Hi Nationals a couple of weeks ago. Saw Richard Rawlins race the Hellcat against his buddy Dennis in a '70'ish hemi challenger. The hellcat was many car lengths ahead at the end. Are they AWD? It sure launched like one! LoL! It was far gone ahead from the git-go.