standalone management

It sounds like you will need to do some serious research before you tackle a standalone setup. Its not just going to be a splicing wires and away you go scenario. You will need different sensors and many other things also.

I will say though that there is a member on the boards here that makes a mostly plug and play setup using megasquirts. I believe his name is scott87star... Or its close to that. I'm sure someone can chime in and verify his name.

Aeesome. Now I was asking around and apparently some said it's pointless cause I don't have fuel injection and also I have a "rotary" distributor. And if that doesn't matter then what prices am I looking at scott

Also the only reason I'm asking about this is because the guy I bought it from supposedly had it tuned but the turbo controller wasn't set right, it was over boosting and popping and being crazy, and the turbo gage wasn't hooked up at all and it idles rough. So I asked a guy I know if he could tune it but he doesn't have the equipment for the stock ecu.

I'm just looking at future plans with the standalone. After I do plugs and wires, upgraded distributor, etc, etc

If you own a Starquest you have fuel injection, the distributor can be/will be controlled by the standalone as well. Some are wrong.

My systems are complete along with installation and tuning support, they start at $595. The stock ECU is a dinosaur, it cannot be tuned or tweaked.

Also the only reason I'm asking about this is because the guy I bought it from supposedly had it tuned but the turbo controller wasn't set right, it was over boosting and popping and being crazy, and the turbo gage wasn't hooked up at all and it idles rough. So I asked a guy I know if he could tune it but he doesn't have the equipment for the stock ecu.

I'm just looking at future plans with the standalone. After I do plugs and wires, upgraded distributor, etc, etc

Sounds like you need to get the car running good first before upgrading the engine management system. Read through the FAQ's and download a factory service manual.

Hey, Scott! Just out of curiosity, does your MS system have the capability to control a COP (coil-on-plug) or distributorless ignition conversion. Not really sure there's a reason to convert (especially on a "regular" street car), but it'd be nice to know.

Megasquirt can control COP or CNP. But to do that you need a cam and crank sensor. The ECU has to know when to fire and what coil. You can't do it with the stock ignition parts.

his systems can run anything from 1 to 12 cylinders and cops no problem. BUT you need

a 90's mighty max dizzy and spacer to make it happen. im sure scott has other ways than that but

he can make anything happen for the MS.

you want fan control for the rad fans? he can do it.

you want boost control? he can do it.

you want launch control he can do it.

flat shifting

here is a comparison chart of what unit does what.

http://www.msextra.com/feature-xref.html

read it there is a lot of great info on what the ms units can do.

Edited by importwarrior