Dyno Tuning + Numbers

Hey guys.

Just got my car Dyno tuned today and I was pretty nervous just because I don't really beat on my car since it wasn't tuned right.

But the best pull it did today was 344hp and 294tq. At 25psi

Mod list:

Turbo lab billet 11blade td06sl2 shaft 20g

Tbi delphi 650/950

2.5in ic pips

Greddy big front mount

Gm 3in maf and maft (zeroed out)

Safc2 to tune

Msd6al2 and blaster coil

HyperU 8.5comp pistons

Fresh head

17lb flywheel

Walboro 255

Tomei afpr

Plugs gapped at .32

Hallman pro mbc

I'm actually really impressed with it. I was only expecting 280hp and 300tq.

I'm going to upgrade my injectors to 650/1150 and hks bov since the turbo xs was leaking.

You have a proper torque to horsepower ratio because your turbo flows properly and isn't chocked down by the hot side.

Usually a higher torque means your chocking down the hot side flow of the turbo.

At least this is my understanding.

Edited by Crazy Quest
  • Like 1

What cam are you running? Did they crank the fuel pressure to the moon? Do you have a chart with afr?

That's my thought too. 1600cc worth of injectors isn't enough for those HP #s.

Yes I have a graph but can't upload it. Wot afr at full boost held at 11.5ish. And I didn't think the injectors were going to hold up to those numbers but they did. And fuel pressure is higher but not quite to the moon.

Head has mechanical rockers. Hd valve springs and retainers. 274 cam. Ported and polished. 1mm os stainless valves

I think he has a 274 f cam. I was going to suggest he take the base pressure up to 50-55, but I did not get around to it. The shop surely cranked it up. The wallbo can handle about 60 psi base and still maintain under boost with that size injectors. But good fresh hoses condition are a must.

I just figured your TQ number was a typo. I agree that seems very low compared to HP. 2 injectors at 100% duty cycle should take over 2000cc of combined injector to make that power. Fuel pressure must have been a factor.

I just figured your TQ number was a typo. I agree that seems very low compared to HP. 2 injectors at 100% duty cycle should take over 2000cc of combined injector to make that power. Fuel pressure must have been a factor.

You need around 3000cc worth of injectors to get to the 350+ whp range at standard base pressure of 3 bar. To do that on half the injector flow the base pressure must have been really high. I doubt the fuel pump or injectors will last long at those pressures.

You have a proper torque to horsepower ratio because your turbo flows properly and isn't chocked down by the hot side.

Usually a higher torque means your chocking down the hot side flow of the turbo.

At least this is my understanding.

Yeah, that 06 wheel will help a ton. He also has headwork that can be attributed. Would like to see graph.

Good numbers.

Well considering the guy who tuned it ownes the company that puts out over 1000hp cars. i trust him and his work. Believe what you want but I was there witnessing the whole thing.

I will work in getting the graph posted. The power slope was great looking as well. A nice gradual slope that just about leveled out at 6300 rpm where the rev limiter is set

We aren't saying we don't believe you. What we are saying is there are pieces to this equation that we need for it to make sense.

For example, to get your HP #s the turbo needs to be pushing around 35 lb/min of air. At base pressure of 3 bar your injectors will only support 27 lb/min of air @ 100% duty cycle. No competant tuner is gonna suggest running injectors @ 100% duty cycle. The standard "safe" limit is 80% duty cycle. That leaves fuel left for boost creep and other issues so you don't detonate the motor. @ 80% duty cycle your injectors support 22 lb/min. See why we are asking questions? The math doesn't add up.

I want to understand the #s you are posting so I have a few questions.

What was the base fuel pressure?

What brand of dyno? ( dynojets typically give a higher reading than a mustang dyno for example)

The low tourqe was perhaps a symptom of poor boost control. Peak boost being reached late in the rpm range?

Blue Cook did 350hp with just 1850 cc. That car was about 13-13.5 afr at peak power. A magic cam was used as well.

Full boost was achieved fairly low. And held 11.5 once it was fully spooled at 25. We did end up turning the boost down to compensate for the higher load on the street so it had room to creep. But the majority of the hp was achieved near redline