Check this Fox report on almost gone cool cars!

Alan

One of my friends dad(he has owned and currently owns a 92 Corrado VR6) was giving me so much crap saying that the StarQuests' were crap, and that they were one of those mistakes auto companies make that they wish could cover up, and that it's so hideous and that if someone came to him trying to trade in a Quest (he's worked at car dealers for the majority of his life) he would just laugh at him and send him off to the junkyard to scrap that "POS". He really thinks he's a big deal with a Rado, which, although yes, it is a nice not-so-common quick car, it really is equivalent power-wise to our SQ's, and really iisn'tvery much appealing if you ask me. Anyways, I sent him this link so he could have a nice evening :) I'm just waiting for his Rado to get fixed and my "POS" to get registered and we might just take a trips here in Mare Island. Any bets? Lol

Very Cool indeed! Someone hear should contact them, I'd bet they would do a nice article on our cars! Let'm know there are most certainly survivors!!! They seem to really like our Quests BEST!

As for the stealths and 3000gt I only dislike most of the people that drive the n/a ones...which are usually NOT ALWAYS... teenage morons that drive them like idiots. I'll rock an awd all wheel steer twin turbo stealth any day of the week ;)

Funny one of my cousins sent me this link today with this message

"Is that your life savings car Ed?"

I replied yes even though the cost for me to buy it FAR exceeded any costs to keep it running today.

Nice - Glad to see the Laser/Daytonas on there too, despite being MUCH more popular and mass produced than the SQ, they have fallen off too.

My 2nd car was an 84 Laser with talking digital dash - not bad for my 17 y/o self! I swapped out seats, fixed shifter, & a bunch else on it. Sold before rust bubbles began to become a problem. Turbo never worked and was disabled. No mods.

My 3rd car was a red 88 Daytona pacifica, which to me was the closest to a Starion & 944, especially given the subtle ground effects under front bumper and doors. Did suspension, CV, maint. Turbo worked, no mods. All stock. Fun car!! (not my pic below, but what it looked like). Ended up taking out a deer (14 pt buck according to antler puncture holes in pass door when it swung around) & sold before trans went out....for the Starion.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv21/turbovoyager/shelby%20daytona/IMAG0008.jpg

Great list! Corrado is a nice car, too (I recall they had a reputation for not being reliable for their time when I was researching cars to buy and settled on the quest). If my wife were cool with me having another collector I would go for a nice Daytona, I loved the one I had before my first quest).

Wasn't the Starion a predecessor for the eclipse/talon/laser? The Stealth/300GTs didnt come about until 92 (had one of them as well!).

Edited by averse

If u think about it, you'd think they would have been the cars that took the place of our cars, makes more sense ...but indeed it is the 3000gt/stealth

Taken from allpar.com

"The Dodge Stealth was, in essence, a Mitsubishi 3000GT in Dodge clothing; both were evolutions from the Mitsubishi Starion (Chrysler Conquest)."

Edited by LSQuest88

Surprised there's no mention of the Starquest being the daddy to the Stealth/3000GT.... Oh ya that's right, normal people hate those cars.

Wait our car had a fat kid? I don't hate the GTO's but think Galant VR4's were the next generation.

^^^^^^^

Yes and No. The Galant VR4 was more like taking the Galant back to its roots. The SQ/3S/DSM's where actually based off of the Colt Galant GTO.....

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/AshyBone_VR4/800px-Mitsubishi_Colt_Galant_GTO_MR_zps1ec91cc6.jpg

Baddest of tail King Daddy Mitsubishi. This I think was either their first or one of mitsubishi's first sports cars back in the day. The Galant VR4 was more like a cross between the 3S (3000gt/Stealth) and the DSM.

If you wanna get technical,

If u think about it, you'd think they would have been the cars that took the place of our cars, makes more sense ...but indeed it is the 3000gt/stealth

Taken from allpar.com

"The Dodge Stealth was, in essence, a Mitsubishi 3000GT in Dodge clothing; both were evolutions from the Mitsubishi Starion (Chrysler Conquest)."

Alot of people actually thought that. For one, they both shared the 6 bolt 4g63T (JDM/Euro spec SQ's). The first model year of the Eclipse was in 1990 so they were on sale the last year of the SQ's. Technically the showroom floor would have had both Eclipse and Starquest at the same time. But the first model year of the 3000GT/Stealth was 91.

I know all this because I did a report on the 3S back in high school. It was either the 3S or the supra, and I figured I'd own a 3S WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before I'd get my hands on a Supra, so, vwalla. That, and I'm a.... WAS a Mitsubishi super fan. Now, I'm a Toyota fan thanks to Mitsubishi's super suckage they've had for the last decade....

Edited by AshyBone