JUST DYNOED MY CAR TODAY

mtaylor530

Yeah, the HP gains when going from outside of the efficiency zone and then into it are pretty astounding when using good sized turbo's. But yes, as has been said a million times to deaf ears by people who know, Turbine is a super restriction. TD06 shoulda been stock on these things.

Is there a link that explains a turbo's "efficiency zone"? I am a turbo noooooob

• 4 weeks later...

i dont either, but if someone ticks me off on the interstate or somewhere, or someone wants to play, i dont wanna have to flip a switch

either way, i see the switch pointless, sounds like someone cant control their foot lol

i would only do a switch for like tune swaps, like 93 tune, e85 tune. stuff like that

Actually not pointless when you can run a lower target to help get out the hole with less tire spin and instantly onto hi boost afterwards. Its a built in option on Aem ecu's.

Actually not pointless when you can run a lower target to help get out the hole with less tire spin and instantly onto hi boost afterwards. Its a built in option on Aem ecu's.

megasquirt does that too, but i run big tires and big turbo, so it doesnt have enough load in 1st to max boost and break loose, though it will in 2nd and 3rd, but only if your on to it

• 2 weeks later...
1988 Starion

Trilogy Injectors

forged rods/pistons

adjusa head gasket

non jet head from Dad's

stock cam

Hardpipe Kit

3 inch exhaust from turbo back no cat

ran 15 degrees advance

aem wideband

aem tru boost controller set at 48 on duty cycle

1st pull 141.78 hp/ 210.65 tq

2nd pull 146.97hp/ 215.84 tq

3rd pull set boost controller to 50 and got

156.00 hp and 231.31 tq

this was at the rear wheels.

ANY suggestions??

Is it just me or does the HP and torque figures look way too low, especially for the amount of boost?

My non-turbo 4g54 makes 106kw (142hp) and 211nm (155ft-lb) of torque at the wheels.

http://110.174.47.143/SG/Triton/DYNO.jpg

Stock rods and pistons, M8 magna head ported and 1mm OS Stainless valves, 11.2:1 comp. While I have done a bit of work to it, with the work you have done on your engine, I'd expect at least 250hp and around 300ft-lb torque.

I'd be checking your intake and exhaust systems as it seems from your results, that there is a big restriction somewhere.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...