let's talk abput pf14

Big John

so some have been wondering what we were going to do about the pigeon forge meet for this July so I went back to the vacation lodge where we have had the meet in the past and talked to the front desk manager Kathy who has been there for over 30 years. She told me that they would love to have us back and she would give us a good rate and there are some other additions. so I will report you decide. 1. the rooms on the bottom floor (one queen bed) 75.00 per night. 2. the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor with a balcony (two queen beds) 85.00 per night. 3.doesn't matter what day you check in or check out you pay the same price (for those who come early or stay after the meet) 4. need to pay for the first night to hold a room. 5. they now have breakfast (biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, bagels, juice and coffee) 6. they have a file set up for starquest so you have to tell them to get that rate and the rooms will book fast because of the holiday. 7. the phone # are 1-800-468-1998 or 865-453-2640 and her name is Kathy. so there you have it and as far as my two cents goes I think it is a good deal. the rate is about the same as the mountain breeze + we have the parking garage to sit in or work on our cars if it rains. I think the big thing is that we as a group need to conduct ourselves in the right way for us to have respect and to show respect to the other guests as well as all of the people who come to look at our cars. if everyone likes this then it can be moved to the meeting planner and get this started and a roll call. thanks john.

Hey there Big John... got me curious... why the swing back to Vacation lodge? I know most of us, going back to the last year there swore we've never go back. I really like Mountain Breeze much better! True, no parking garage, true, no breakfast. (Mama's YHEA!) The rooms IMO are much nicer @ Mountain Breeze, & the staff have been even nicer; set'n up the tent & all. They also have better optional rooms (yes @ a higher price) that are much nicer than Vacation Lodges "Suites HAH! (what a rip-off Bad Joke!), cleaner & @ a MUCH better price. Mountain Breeze has grown on me for sure, even though I rarely park in the grass. Yes, for sure a covered area for our cars would be best. If that's the reason, what about somewhere else Big Guy? Has something changed/occurred that I'm unaware of? IMO Vacation Lodge is a dump, & Kathy was there when all this went down prior, as well, same "owner" correct?

I don't mind a change, (for the better) if we're look'n for something different for what ever reason, but... Not Vacation Lodge. I know when I was check'n around right after we left... there were a number of newer, nicer places willing to give us underground, secluded, or up front reserved parking areas for a real good deal. Indoor pool/outdoor pools workout rooms etc. I think your original vote when we left was across the street @ Riverfront/Town something like that correct? I had checked a little further in @ MainStay, & a couple others.

Personally, I'd rather not ever go back to Vacation Lodge, my personal opinion & vote if that's what this is about Big John. (nice to hear from you BTW!)

I'd vote against Vacation Lodge as well. They had thier chance to do " stuff " for us and failed. Mountain Breeze was awesome and CLEAN. i also liked the parking on the grass just for " us ". Not knocking your efforts John, just the place. if they cleaned the place up, roped off the parking garage just for Starquestclub.com and improved the breakfast it might be OK, but i don't see that happening.

I wasn't there, but I heard that some drama went down at the new hotel last year. I guess there was someone in the club who worked there, but after the drama that person got fired and people don't want to give business to that hotel because of it. I only went to PF's when it was at the Vacation Lodge, but always liked that place.

For those who dont know it was my wife who was working at the mountain breeze when all the drama wentdown and i will not go back there. The big problem with the vacation lodge was different prices for rooms and has promised it would not happen again also prise is a big thing it was 110 per night so 75-85 is a good deal + we are not in the room much anyway. I guess someone else will have to find a place but i will never set my foot on the mountain breeze again. John

Sounds like we need to figure something out but vac lodge sucked in my opinion. I know there was some shenanigans last year so not sure how Mt. Breeze feels about our group now either.... They really seemed to cater to us and I've liked it the last 2 years at mt. Breeze. Great location and hopefully that's where it is again this year. See ya in July regardless.

personally i dont care where we are.. my room is a place for me to pass out and take a piss.. thats about it. haha! we dont really spend much time in the rooms, or at least i dont. Ill be there wherever we decide to stay. Mountain breeze was fine, kinda sucked not having a garage to chill in but it all worked out.. the shenanigans that happened shouldnt have happened, that last night we were there they were kinda being pushy with us..

several of us were sitting under then tent having a good time, no one was yelling, simply talking and the manager was sitting in her window just observing like a hawk, claiming we were being to loud and wat not and no one really was at all.. kinda forced us to go to our rooms. the decision is up to the group though..

• Like 1

I'm all for returning to the Vacation Lodge, Mtn. Breeze threatened to call the cops on us and also blacklisted some of our members. Vacation Lodge, with the exception of 2012, has always treated us right. With the underground garage being a big plus in the July heat. I'll make my reservations there. Would really hate to see the group split between two or more hotels.

Jimmy

I'd love to have a place with the pool open all night! That was awesome. I was very pleased with Mountain breeze, however I can understand some don't want it any longer.. by far it was much cleaner than vacation lodge. I'm sure we can handle anyplace tho

Dad

i wasn't there last year and knew nothing of the " drama " but if they don't like us why should we go back ? if they think you guys were loud wait til i get there :D i'm getting deaf and when you throw in " beers " well, you know :lol: :lol: :lol:

can someone close to pf look around for a place that might cater to us AND has a garage ?

i'd go back to VL if they hook us up <_<

i wasn't there last year and knew nothing of the " drama " but if they don't like us why should we go back ? if they think you guys were loud wait til i get there :D i'm getting deaf and when you throw in " beers " well, you know :lol: :lol: :lol:

can someone close to pf look around for a place that might cater to us AND has a garage ?

i'd go back to VL if they hook us up <_<

Just Pm'd Big John to see if he would? Choices? Since I believe he's still close?

Ok let me explain about the mountain breeze so we can get past it.WE as a group are not welcome at the mountain breeze they do not want us back. That is that . I do live here so i do see all the places. the two big issues are visable parking and price. There are very few places that can accommodate our cars for the public to see. Second the price for the rooms will be over the 110 per night because of the holidays . We have a history with the vacation lodge that is why the price is what it is. I have not seen a room in 3 years but i can look tomorrow. With money tight i just think it is the logical choice my 2cents

Let's just all rent a freakin mansion in the mountains and party like it's 1999.

Chad-

Hey Chad... "Beer Pong" doesn't go back as far as that song! I'm dancing right now... I'm dancing... In the year 2525'

Not that my Opinion means anything to anyone butttt im with jimmy YES vacation lodge was jerk But the didn't threaten too call the police on us like Mountain Breeze and the fact that theres some members aint aloud too come back ever and I think 85 a night is a good deal at vacation lodge and I will be making my reservations with jimmy for vacation lodge

Wife and I live in Maryville. bout 45 min away. She just read the reviews on vacation lodge. yuk. then she read some from other area hotels, yuk. Either I'm coming alone this year or we'll be driving up each day.lol Edited by 87redcat

oh the one time I went to the rod run, I got there after 5pm (after work) They closed the gates at Chillhowee Park. I remember taking a pic of a car through the bars.lol It is on the East side of town. Not the best place in Knoxville.lol

let's get the vacation lodge to " rope off " the garage for SQC ONLY and go back there, it'll be like old times :lol:

the rooms are cheap ( bring lysol, LOLz ) and if we can get the garage that would be cool. we know them and i'm sure they would like us back. another note, who really cares if the "people" can see our terds, are we there for the crowds or for us :huh: