kidjc

Infinity G37 or G37S (if you want to haul your family) is what I'd buy with your parameters. It's within the price range, and ranks #3 behind the Cadillac CTS and BMW 4-series, but it ranks #1 in driving performance. I've always loved the styling of these too.

Infinity G37 or G37S (if you want to haul your family) is what I'd buy with your parameters. It's within the price range, and ranks #3 behind the Cadillac CTS and BMW 4-series, but it ranks #1 in driving performance. I've always loved the styling of these too.

These cars can be had within my perimeters, O.K. now that's work a look! Thanx

Wife's last car was a G37S. She loved it. Had that 300hp v6 in it. Not a lot of back seat room though.

black with black leather. Sexy

​Good list! Love the Audi's (too high on maintenance) The M3 is "Up There in price," Maybe a Chyrsler? Good list, Thanx!

Audi S4 or S6

BMW M3

A5 also.

​not bad on maintenance spend 300 at Ross Tech and get a Vag Con with can bus support and do it yourself.

Well y'all have certainly giving me some things to think about. I'm now even open to "The duramax thing, truck'n'" but doubtful on a jacked up version. It'd be nice to have "NO issues" when it does snow, or I need to haul something. May check out a few full size 4 door trucks, even something along the AMC/Jeep line, although I believe they are quite expensive. Definitely not the Wranger style. Now I'm not sure what the heck I want! It's all so confusing... No rush though. However, I have been look'n @ some really nice end of the year model Genesis' Nice deals!

O wait didn't know it had to go in the snow / be an all around car. While I'm sure you can drive an M3 in the winter with good winter tires on it why would you? If you can afford a car like that, you should already have a driver car IMHO.

I love my new to me VW..... though after upgrades now I'm unsure of winter driveaablity, especialy without wintertires. If looking for an "all around" car how about a CC? There really nice, quick on the HW (for what they are) guy 2 down has been driving his even in the deep snow 12" and been doing fine with it.

<p>

<br />

O wait didn&#39;t know it had to go in the snow / be an all around car.&nbsp;&nbsp;While I&#39;m sure you can drive an M3 in the winter with good winter tires on it why would you?&nbsp;&nbsp;If you can afford a car like that, you should already have a driver car IMHO.<br />

<br />

I love my new to me VW..... though after upgrades now I&#39;m unsure of winter driveaablity, especialy without wintertires.&nbsp;&nbsp;If looking for an &quot;all around&quot; car how about a CC?&nbsp;&nbsp;There really nice, quick on the HW (for what they are) guy 2 down has been driving his even in the deep snow 12&quot; and been doing fine with it.<br />

</p>

<p><strong><font color="#0000ff" face="georgia, serif">Just because I have &quot;other cars.&quot; doesn&#39;t mean they fit%2 Sorry... can't imagine what happened here?

Edited by kidjc

O wait didn't know it had to go in the snow / be an all around car. While I'm sure you can drive an M3 in the winter with good winter tires on it why would you? If you can afford a car like that, you should already have a driver car IMHO.

I love my new to me VW..... though after upgrades now I'm unsure of winter driveaablity, especialy without wintertires. If looking for an "all around" car how about a CC? There really nice, quick on the HW (for what they are) guy 2 down has been driving his even in the deep snow 12" and been doing fine with it.

Just because I have "other cars." doesn't mean they fit the bill of an "all around DD." ( if I was the only concern, not a real need to shop) As well... a DD doesn't have to be a lower line/basic car. Yes, if it needed to drive in what little snow we have, it should w/o concern; both for car; & climate/conditions. Normally... we're not tooling around in 12" of snow? This year has started out as (1) of those "snow years." ( last big year was maybe 6=7 years back) Why it was mentioned... & my commute is nearly 60 miles one way, horrendous rush hour traffic both ways; taking up to 1.5 - 3.0 hrs. each way. As I also stated: car seats in the back: VERY Important concern, although sporadically utilized. Thanx for the input, it has definitely lead me into alternate areas I would not have probably consider @ 1st!

Ahhhh. I was thinking nice small cars that would be fun for me. Jerry you have ridden in my truck. It is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. V6 with good power, can tow small trailers or tow dollies with an SQ ;) , has 4 doors with a nice sized back seat, handles snowy weather well, a 6 foot bed. So, Toyota tacoma 4x4 ftmfw!!!

BC_99

oops, not a new car, sorry! :lol:

V8, RWD, available automatic transmission...

G8 GT/GXP goes for around 20-30k in my area....

http://www.ridestory.com/files/2009_Pontiac_G8_GT_main.jpg

Dont like the front? Import Commodore parts from Australia!

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2009-pontiac-g8-holden-commodore-conversion_100188135_m.jpg

Edited by SFBMX88

Ahhhh. I was thinking nice small cars that would be fun for me. Jerry you have ridden in my truck. It is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. V6 with good power, can tow small trailers or tow dollies with an SQ ;) , has 4 doors with a nice sized back seat, handles snowy weather well, a 6 foot bed. So, Toyota tacoma 4x4 ftmfw!!!

BC_99

Trouble is Britt... I don't know what I want? Other than room for sure for a couple of "car seats." No question your truck rides nice, looks good as well! There is just so much out there... too confusing to me! Usually, @ least w/ power, collectibles, old, muscle, etc. I have "NO trouble" deciding! Just thinking that a brand new car sounds good. I know exactly how it's gonna/been maintained.

I like the import above? The Challenger is a nice thought as well! Pontiac G, nice as well! It's just mind boggling as to all the choices! Use to be easy from the 50's thru 70's!

Lightly used Lexus IS-F. Not a believer? YouTube....

Wanna stay new! A year or two back; but new would be great. Wanna start from the beginning, know it all about the car. Thanx though... as it is a nice car.

Dont go by the MSRP on the Genesis. You can get much lower. Typical Genesis Sedan R Spec Models are going for 39K-41K plus taxes and tags. I got mine new for 39K plus taxes. The current Genesis Sedans are RWD only. With the RSPEC the only options you have are for summer tires. All electronics and interior trim is standard. So you dont have to expect to pay addtional $$ for an entertianment package, etc. The 3.8 is a slightly different story. They have 3 options for the audio systems. The new 2015 are coming out and will be offered with AWD. The body style has been changed. It looks more like a ford fusion / audi a7. If you are serious about getting a Hyundai i can also reccommend a website called BoostUp (formerly Motozuma). They are legit and Hyundai will match up to $500 dollars of your car fund. Basically you get a free $500 off towards the purchase of a Hyundai. Hyundai typically has an $1500 incentive for owing a competitive vehicle. In our case we had a Toyota that qualified. You dont need to trade in the car just be the owner for more that a year of the competitive brand.

I frequent the www.genesisowners.com forum. check it out if you have questions.

Lexus IS F! It will glue you to the headrest! It's got 4 doors and hauls serious tail. Plus the legendary reliability. Forget BMW/ Audi/ MBZ, those things will spend more time in the shop than on the road and will break your wallet every time they need something, and they are very needy.