3.9 gear set for sale

MotoCam360

All of this can be viewed as "good info," as far as availability, prices, difficulties/ease of acquisition. But I "think;" what it comes down to: The seller has it, has listed it @ a certain price; may be negotiable or not? If interested, contact... pay the price or make an offer; see how it works out. PM's work great!

Just putting this out there... I recently had the axle on my mustang go, and it too has limited slip. (I know, totally different... but just an example) A proffessional drive train/axle shop quoted me 350 $ labor to set up and install new gears and rebuild. So I'd figure that would be the worst case scenario if it did require a pro shop.

Pro shop near me charges $100 cash to swap over gears if you bring in the pumpkin and new gears.

Like you said, that's 100 for them doing it on a bench. 350 was for bringing the car in and the gears in a box and driving your car out.

Shops in nyc don't like to do let you bring parts and what not. To much liability. Like I couldn't really find anyone to just rebuild my tranny. It was either drop the car off with us or don't bother.

Fuel injection specialties sells them for $510 new + shims + shipping. part MB185462. Now thats nuts

Like you said, that's 100 for them doing it on a bench. 350 was for bringing the car in and the gears in a box and driving your car out.

Shops in nyc don't like to do let you bring parts and what not. To much liability. Like I couldn't really find anyone to just rebuild my tranny. It was either drop the car off with us or don't bother.

Yep, I'm sure if you drove up to the "Pro Shop" here and wanted them to do the whole shoot'in match it would be at least 350. And I certainly agree with you on a tranny rebuild. Difficult to find an expert shop here to do that kind of work - for that matter - any good mechanic is hard to find and it will get worse as time goes on. Young people headed off to schools after high school don't choose many skilled trade career paths these days - plumbers, carpenters, machinists, mechanics etc are jobs that will be hard to fill. Most youngsters want a clean desk job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...