C.R. VS Displacement

CarlosFley

Using correct terminology, yes. But they're often erroneously called QOHC because of the grand total of 4 overhead cams. As far as I know there has never been a mass produced true QOHC motor.

Using correct terminology, yes. But they're often erroneously called QOHC because of the grand total of 4 overhead cams. As far as I know there has never been a mass produced true QOHC motor.

4.6L Ford V8 used in mustangs, Lincon Mark's and a few other random cars.

As Phil was pointing out, the 4.6 is a DOHC motor because there are only 2 cams per head. A "true" QOHC V-8 would have 4 cams per head for a total of 8.

Cant think of anything that would qualify as a quad then.

^ Toyota/Lexus 1uz fe , 4 (Quad) cam 32 valve V8 . :)

I think you might have missed it above they want to get real technical here and call that 2 DOHC heads not a true Quad IE in any V or opposed format (basilcy anything other then inline) since there is more then one head would need 4 cams per head to "turely be a quad"

That got me thinking what about bikes...... then I though somemore and they are actuly DUHC not over.

I think you might have missed it above they want to get real technical here and call that 2 DOHC heads not a true Quad IE in any V or opposed format (basilcy anything other then inline) since there is more then one head would need 4 cams per head to "turely be a quad"

That got me thinking what about bikes...... then I though somemore and they are actuly DUHC not over.

Yea man i'm lost with all this , i'm going to get drunk now. :)