race tep is a rip off

dsm9478

Hello im not sure if I posted in the right area or nott but i am posting to let everyone know that they r a ripoff iI just spent all this money with them and ordered all the parts needed to build my head including their street cam and it failed after three days of normal driving it ruined all of my brand new rockers obviously ruined the cam ruined all my lifters and appears to have damaged non jet valve recast head as well and they will not refund me or at least out of common courtesy pay for their mistake by sending me all new parts so please dont keep supporting them if iI were you guys i would buy all of the parts you can through dad also has anyone ever used schneiders racing cams or.if there are any other aftermarket cams.out there please fill me in

I disagree. When you have a shop that specializes in a particular vehicle there is the possibility that you have to pay extra for their expertise. I have ordered from them for a number of years (like 20) for both my Ram 50 and my Conquest. Had a problem with the Weber for my truck and Steve the owner made it right immediately. Have ordered stuff for the Quest as well, no issues. Only my experience I'm speaking of.

Cam lobes worn down? Lack of break in Zinc (ZDDP) and improper rpm break in can trash cam and rockers in a short time. They are just a reseller of parts also. What was their response?

Dad

http://www.starquest...howtopic=139788

Lowlife member "Durbenquest" (Alex Durben) traded me a bad Schneider 292 cam for my good 274. He said it had low mile but obviously it wasn't handled, installed or broken in right. Like DAD said, break-in with zinc oil is very important.

What oil were you running?

Post a pic of the cam

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

Thanks for the fast replies and I didnt use any special break in oil but I was told by a very reliablee machinist who has beeen doing this for over 50 years in my area to just run regular oil for twenty minutes and then change the oil and yes i can get all of you pics tomorrow but there r metal shavings everywhere in my head and the cqm is all scarred up and the car ran perfect the first three days and I just drove it normal and shifted around 3000 rpms and made sure I didnt build very much boost and I had a non jet valve recast with roughly 5000 miles on it the rocker arms and lifters had the same mileage and I had raceteps heavy duty valve springs and stainless steel valves and their street cam which they also couldnt tell me the specifics of it just that it was better than stock

Yeah it just seems.like their engine parts r junk and overpriced and they tried ripping me off on their prices by overcharging me csuse I looked at their internet prices anf they were cheaper than what the guy told me.over the phone so I called back and made them give me the internet price and they blamed their.prices being wrong on their internet guy