Allow me to try to clear up a lot of misconceptions about the Affordable Healthcare Act

Fanta

And dead beats, IMO, are those who are physically able to work, but choose not work and to leach off the system. Those are the people who are a burden to our society....and I, like many others, are tired of having to support them when we can barely support ourselves.

My paycheck is raped monthly of funds I need to survive on. So, when I see these people at a pharmacy ( and I used to work in pharmacy) getting drugs for 2 bucks, or in line at the store with their cart full with several packs of cigarettes added to their free cart of food, they whip out that ebt card likes it's some kind of trophy, 27 kids in the cart and on their hip, taking up my time by being slow and testing my patience with their screaming kids all by different baby-daddy, complaining that their 8 packs of steaks and 12 pack of BUD might not be enough for their picnic during the hours I have to spend inside working to pay for that food.

Why can't the govt make it more difficult for these people to get welfare. I mean they went ape-s***t when they caught wind they might be drug tested to get welfare. Working people have to get drug tested, why shouldn't they?

No more rant...I gotta get back to work.......

My paycheck is raped monthly of funds I need to survive on. So, when I see these people at a pharmacy ( and I used to work in pharmacy) getting drugs for 2 bucks, or in line at the store with their cart full with several packs of cigarettes added to their free cart of food, they whip out that ebt card likes it's some kind of trophy,

EBT covers only food meant to be consumed by humans. No tobacco, no alcohol, no toiletries, no pet food. Only regular food. I'm sure there are people abusing it. But for those who need it that takes a huge weight off their shoulders. Suddenly being able to afford real food rather than existing on ramen is a great revelation.

Health insurance is so darn expensive, if you're a just a working class joe and even harder if you're a small business owner. To insure my family of four, it's about $900-$1100 a month depending on the provider. That's alot of $$. Because I'm a small business owner, my income does not qualify us for any type of reduced cost health insurance like Healthy Families. But paying out $1000 bucks a month for health insurance makes a significant impact in the wallet.

I trust neither big government or big pharma or health care industry to do what is best for the general public. Government and health care industry play power trips back and forth, the ones stuck in the middle are us.

you worked in the pharmacy business and have no idea about how any of this works ,, what did you do sweep the floors

I know how this works and I don't appreciate your remark. I'm well educated and am offended by what you said. Makes me want to leave this site....too bad

I heard the bragging and saw the abuse first hand on a daily basis. I worked in the industry for several years and every pharmacy was the same.

I know how this works and I don't appreciate your remark. I'm well educated and am offended by what you said. Makes me want to leave this site....too bad

I heard the bragging and saw the abuse first hand on a daily basis. I worked in the industry for several years and every pharmacy was the same.

your offended ,, did you ever think about the people you just offended , I pay dearly for my scrip insurance I have no choice , I take 22 p[ills a day 3 breathing treatments and 02 and a cpac machine at nite

sure a few of my scrips is $2.50 each but others are much much more I spent $400 a month at the drug store before Obama's health care program started , and that was for only part of my meds,,i didn't take them all cause I simply could not afford them , even now I still spend $300 a month but I get all my meds now,, but I pay $90 a month for the privilege of abuseing the system as you call it,,

and dude i'm almost 70 yrs old and not once in all my problems did the SYSTEM give me any food stamps even when I was off work for over a yr at a streach

sure theres some that misuse the system but according to you we need to punish every one ,,if I was you i'd be dam happy that you was not in the system your self

and if such a small thing is gona make you leave the site,, well don't let the door hit you on the way out

Obamacare is a Train wreck. If younger people don't sign up.......IT WILL JUST FAIL FASTER. The penalty for not signing up is $95.00 for the first year. I see most of the younger generation paying the penalty instead of signing up. After all, the whole idea of Obamacare is to get younger people to sign up to pay for the older ones. TRAIN WRECK!!!!! When I was 20 years old, the last thing on my mind was healthcare. So, a young person making $9.00 a hour at Home Depot working less than 30 hours a week is going to sign up for a $500.00 a month premium for healthcare???? Yea, Home Depot opted out of giving employees who work more than 30 hours a week healthcare, and threw them to the wolves (Obamacare). It's a bad law, no matter how you look at it.

This country is BROKE!!! Every day we need to borrow money from other countries (like China) just to stay afloat. We need LESS government spending, not more with Obamacare.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Can we please keep any insults and bickering at least to PM's?

Why? You started this.

People are pissed about Obamacare and I don't blame them one bit. One thing I saw last year, that you failed to mention is this:

Last year on my W-2s, there was a section reporting to the IRS on how much my employer spent to carry me on his Health Insurance plan for one year. It was about $5,000.00. Why did this need to be reported by my employer on my W-2 form? I found out by asking my accountant and he told me this: In the future, workers will have to pay a tax on the Healthcare benefits they receive from their employer, that tax money collected directly from the IRS................. goes into Obamacare.

According to President Obama: "If I like my current doctor and Healthcare plan I can keep it"....... Yes I can..... But hearing things lately...... I have my doubts. In my case, and i'm sure countless others.....In the form of paying taxes on the Healthcare premiums we receive free from our employers...So,You can keep your "free" Employer paid Health Insurance....At a additional cost to you in taxes on the premiums. Talk about getting screwed ;)

So much for fair treatment under the Affordable Care Act.

"Affordable Care for some, but not all"

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

your offended ,, did you ever think about the people you just offended , I pay dearly for my scrip insurance I have no choice , I take 22 p[ills a day 3 breathing treatments and 02 and a cpac machine at nite

sure a few of my scrips is $2.50 each but others are much much more I spent $400 a month at the drug store before Obama's health care program started , and that was for only part of my meds,,i didn't take them all cause I simply could not afford them , even now I still spend $300 a month but I get all my meds now,, but I pay $90 a month for the privilege of abuseing the system as you call it,,

and dude i'm almost 70 yrs old and not once in all my problems did the SYSTEM give me any food stamps even when I was off work for over a yr at a streach

sure theres some that misuse the system but according to you we need to punish every one ,,if I was you i'd be dam happy that you was not in the system your self

and if such a small thing is gona make you leave the site,, well don't let the door hit you on the way out

I am only referring to the system abusers! I should have been more specific, my apologies. When I worked in pharmacy, I heard a lot of abusers bragging about,or complaining sometimes, about paying the copay which is usually 50 cents to 4 bucks. There would often be an elderly patient not on welfare who was paying full price for the same medications!....up to 500 bucks, yet they never complained. It was always the welfare recipients complaining. I remember one retail pharma job I had...a family of welfare recipients would come in on a regular basis and get 1500 worth of meds for 10-20 bucks. They would shop the store and bring their retails items to the pharmacy for check out. They would end up getting a few hundred bucks worth if miscellaneous items, but yet they were on welfare. Another pharmacy job I delivered meds to homebound patients after hours. On many occasions, the door would open, and I would see people lazing on the couch with pot on the table and beer in their hands and they would always complain to me about the 2 bucks they had to pay for their bag of prescriptions. Once I delivered And saw the customer with a heroin needle in their arm. That scared me to see that, for sure! They would always want meds way before refill dates because they were selling them on the streets and they know the pill pusher doctors to go to. Those are just a few of the stories....so you can see I saw both sides, and I'm only complaining about the abusers, NOT the people who actually need the help.

I had cancer and now that it's gone, I'm still considered a pre existing condition, and I pay out of pocket several hundred bucks for just blood work. This is an ongoing thing and will be the rest of my life. I pay full price for my thyroid pills that I have to take because ins won't pay for that, either.

And....I can't believe you weren't given food stamps when out of work. That is wrong!...especially when Olympic athletes qualify for food stamps! Believe that! Check out speed skater Emily Scott. She was on food stamps until her story went national and she was given thousands in donations! Keep in kind she had a 300 dollar car payment but wasn't desperate enough to sell it, so she somehow got non food stamps instead. Now how did she get on food stamps, being child free and an OLYMPIC ATHLETE, and out of work people can't qualify?

Now how did she get on food stamps, being child free and an OLYMPIC ATHLETE, and out of work people can't qualify?

You don't need a job to be on food stamps. Your income to expenses ratio must be below a certain point. That's all you need to qualify.

Cal his remark was directed at me not you

and Yes Fanta i'm thru

but while we discuss all this ask your self how our neighbor can afford to provide their citizens with health care free of charge,, one word or a couple.... price control throw out the entire system

You don't need a job to be on food stamps. Your income to expenses ratio must be below a certain point. That's all you need to qualify.

I had one problem there was no way around ,,,,, I was white , not saying that to start a blk white thing simply stating the truth ,, right now I make $5 over the limit before I pay for insurance , both

medicare and scrip insurance,, after I pay i'm $250 under the limit

and Yes Fanta i'm thru

Fanta started this post. What did he think was going to happen ;) We are only getting one side of it by his"liberal Obama post",and not all the repercussions to American workers (which he failed to list) that accompany the ACA.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Cal the same is true for the na sayers they spread all sorts of lies and just plain blaten falsehoods

no program is gona make every one happy , would you care to opp out of ever reciveing any medical care so you would not have to carry insurance ,,didn't think so

and on the other end of the spprectrum we have the young people killing and maining them selves and others on a daily basis , who pays for them , and don't say insurance companys,, almost all have a cap on medical they will put out

RACIST,RACIST,RACIST :D

Shelby, If I posted something like that..........I would be BANNED ;)

Bill

maybe you would,, but what I wrote was the truth , this was 33 yrs ago and 25 yrs ago , and of course mmore recent, I know better then to even try these days

Cal are you realy trying to get a vacation , you need to lighten up

I had one problem there was no way around ,,,,, I was white , not saying that to start a blk white thing simply stating the truth ,, right now I make $5 over the limit before I pay for insurance , both

medicare and scrip insurance,, after I pay i'm $250 under the limit

I understand. When I was younger I ran into a few of those issues.

IBSK8N is a she not a he. :P

Cal the same is true for the na sayers they spread all sorts of lies and just plain blaten falsehoods

So Shelby. How many companies have opted to cut workers hours, discontinued their Healthcare benefits, stopped hiring new workers or hire new workers at less than 30 hours a week to keep from having to pay benefits? All this has come about since Obamacare. Prove to me otherwise ;)

Bill

Cal are you realy trying to get a vacation

For what? Speaking my mind. You brought up the race card, not me. You stated that you didn't get welfare because you were white!!! Don't you feel that is a little bit of a racial comment, and you should delete it? Why is it when other members say what they want to, they can. But when Caliber308 does the same thing, he gets threatened to be banned? Whatever.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I understand. When I was younger I ran into a few of those issues.

IBSK8N is a she not a he. :P

well I apol, my screen must be dirty , i'm sorry mamm I ment no disrespect

but I will say if she saw all those things happen why did she not report it to the law , I know I would have

Shelby, I can't believe you said that thing about not getting welfare because you were white. I'm disappointed in you. I was gonna ask if you were trying back in the 60's when they still had seprate drinking fountains, but you say it was as recently as 25 years? Did someone tell you that was the reason? If so, you shoulda blew a whistle on someone LOL.

I've known plenty of white people who have gotten and still get welfare, and it's all decided on their financial situation. Not sure what your situation was at the time, but you pretty much have to have no job and be on the verge of homelessness. Just owning a home will disqualify you probably 80% of the time.

Burton theres no reason to be ashamed of me for speaking the truth,,Ocala, fl is a problem all unto it's self

as for being raisest you know me well enough to know theres not a rasiest bone in my body , but saying that don't make it so every where beleave me raseizm is alive and well in many sections of the country

but while we discuss all this ask your self how our neighbor can afford to provide their citizens with health care free of charge,, one word or a couple.... price control throw out the entire system

Back to the topic.

The Canadian government is very different than ours. They have fairly harsh limitations in any number of areas (talking Trade, immigration, non-citizen work) and don't spend nearly as high of a percentage on military. It is wise to note that even with their system they are experiencing government cost over runs. Their healthcare system has some great benefits, but also some glaring issues. I'd argue that their system is supportable because we have our system, as many other national systems are. Many things developed here in the states with the large piles of money are exported to other nations with development cost being feed by our system.

Notice, I don't think our system is the best. I think it is s***. I think we have an unsupportable system. Again though my thoughts are, what are the tasks of the Federal Government. I don't believe that propping up an unsustainable market should be one of them. We should let it gradually fail and let something new and better take it place.