OLD MAN HIT ME... :( PAINT, WIDEMOUTH AND OTHER UPGRADES...

eduardo castellanos

So a old man hit me today while I was heading to attend a fellow starquest enthusiast while on my way a old man with his 1990 ford f250 decided to ran the light hitting me trashing my driver side door hinges fender rocker pannel wheel strut and rear quarter panel . I tell you these cars are strong and can defenetly take a hit. Well here is the pics of the tragedy..

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/starionlalo87/null_zpsc31ea4bc.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/starionlalo87/null_zps449cffa6.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/starionlalo87/null_zps915e4290.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/starionlalo87/null_zps9bd9bc2e.jpg

I think he parted out a previous car to purchase that one .... at least if I was reading his posts correctly.

Sorry to hear that Eduardo. Do you think the car is fixable? It looks like it was a decent Quest. New hood, fendor and door .... and a decent shop can probably fix the rear.

Sucks to hear that, but looks saveable. Biggest issue is the front suspension... If the bent up stuff are just the suspension components, those can be replaced pretty easily, but if the unibody was damaged where the strut mounts, that's a little tougher. I'm not in Houston, but I'm east of San Antonio, and only 2.5 hours from Houston. I got parts and do body work, so if you need anything, let me know.

Glad you're OK!

Sucks to hear that, but looks saveable. Biggest issue is the front suspension... If the bent up stuff are just the suspension components, those can be replaced pretty easily, but if the unibody was damaged where the strut mounts, that's a little tougher. I'm not in Houston, but I'm east of San Antonio, and only 2.5 hours from Houston. I got parts and do body work, so if you need anything, let me know.

Glad you're OK!

Oh yeah car I defenetly fixable as my main body man came by and took a look at it and said the structure moved about 1.5 inches but can be easily pulled with the frame machine. The front strut is bended like a banana and the front centerline wheel I trashed. I have most of the parts but in case I need something I don't have I will defenetly hit you up. Thanks guys for the support on this tragic accident and like you guys say to many f-150 out there not enough starquest. It will come back better then ever although it will take 1 month to have it complete. I will take pics of the process and post them up as we go. :) Iam ok it was the old guy I was more worried about as he is way over age more around the 80"s years. No joke man my tears rolled out of me when I got out of my car..... :(

I completely understand that! I had an old guy hit me at a car wash shortly after I bought my car.

Glad to hear you'll be fixing her all up :D

Sounded silly tears coming out but when you love a car So much things like that happen. Yup she be up and running in no time, can't scrap it can't do with it.

They probably will try and total it. To fix that car "right" at body shop prices will be over $2k easy. Unless you have your car insured for a higher amount, the insurances companies probably won't give out more than that because of blue book value.

Even tho, you should still be able to buy it back.. They'll say we'll total it for $2k and take the car, or you can get $1500 and keep the car.

Please note the prices listed are just hypothetical prices to be used as examples. Might get more or less back, and might have to pay more or less to buy the car back

Man this sucks and you just parted out a white car awhile back if remember correctly. Here is some advice on my end since I just had mine backed into while it was parked (hit and run). Here is what the damage was:

1. Hood
  2. front grill
  3. header panel

The cost was est. $2700. My insurance wanted to total the car and I was like hell no! The best way to help take the cost down is provide the parts that needs to be replaced as they are going by dealership prices so the total goes up real quick. As long as there is no frame damage they will pay for removal, prep work and paint no matter what. The parts are where you can save your cost. So this is how I saved my car from being totaled.

I went to the forum here and bought used parts for less and got reimbursed the cost. I went from $2700 dollars in damage to $1250 and the insurance was totally cool with that. I got the paint shop to paint a few more parts on the car to make it look cleaner for free. I hope this helps you out.

The good thing is that i have my neighbor who is in fact my friend who works as head body man at the Toyota dealer, He came out here today and inspected my car giving me a total in paper with parts and paint of 1,800, the quote is for the insurance to show them the cost of the repairs but he is hooking me up with a wide mouth dents removed all around a hood scoop from the 300zx installed painted Nissan pearl white, smoking my tail lights and a nice buff for nice shine for 1,150 bucks, Not bad right? jejeje I got the hook up holla if you here me!!! lol... :D :D

That is one hell of a deal, especially if he's using a quality, urethane base and clear. Hell, I don't think I could even match that price with using a single stage or acrylic, unless it was family or a friend and I was making less than minimum wage for my time. Must be a damn good friend! I hope you truly appreciate what he's doing for you, as that could easily be a $3000-4000 job at ordinary body shop prices.

Cool, I know how that goes. I got some mechanic buddies who do good work, and I hate messing with engines and trannies, so when I get a restoration job in that needs some mechanical work, I always have them do the work. One of them is taking my 300Z to his place for the winter and working it over for free :)

Glad you got the hookup, and can save the car... so many people would just let it get totaled. Hope the insurance goes smoothly too, sometimes those insurance companies suck to work with.

Edited by Burton

He'll yeah is always good to have friends like that around you as they will give you a great friendship and save some cash along the way by helping them out when they need it and helping you out when in need.

I hope the insurance company isn't to hard on me that's why I decided to change the strut assembly at least they don't have to spend money on that making it easier for them to cut me a check.. :) we will see tomorrow.

Dude that sucks! What part of town did it happen in?

It happen in north side of town east of downtown close to my place of business, i was actually heading to attend a local starquest owner on some parts he wanted when the guy hit me needless to say i never made it to the fellow starquest enthusiast. Gladly my porter was able to attend him and his needs for the parts. It looks bad but will be back better then before.