Here is an excellent lecture on racism

lionbull

us poor red neck hillbillys can't afford to be raceist , it's that 2% with all the money that causes most of the problems , but i'm gona tell you about an event i had happen a few weeks ago at wal mart ,, as most of you know i'm a white male near 70 , i don't move as fast as i once did , i was picking out 2 cans of green beans , not blocking the isle , plenty of room to go arround, and i hear EXCUSE ME to my left i look up and there stands 3 50 yr old or arround that age black ladies but they didn't say the EXCUSE ME it was the man behind them , big ol burly dude looking all mean and tought guy like , i say excuse me ladys i didn't see you there

and got out o f their way as quick as i could , now the ladys passed by smileing but he keep it up with how else was i gona say excuse me , he says this 2 or 3 times like hes wanting me to start some thing with him

i just grin and say well maybe like you just meet a friend that didn't see you walk up , certianly no one here is trying to hold you up but dude we're just shoping for food no big thing don't bring raceizm into it theres no need , besides neather of us is rasceist are we ,,he had no idea how to answer that one , i walked off with a well you have a wonderful day sir , sorry i made you wait 2 sec 's i can't get arround like i used to

Meh, I don't wanna watch a hour long video by someone I don't know talking about something they may not understand. Boring..........

I will however watch a 4.5 minute video by Edward James Olmos that gets straight to the point and has a clear message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08VCkyG_C2s

• Like 1

Racism is not limited to bigotry/prejudice as I have said many times before.

It actually is the competitive relationship between groups of people for ownership of wealth, power and resources.

It never existed until the 1500's until blacks were used to build america using comercial slavery.

please watch the whole clip and understand what this man is saying.

the blacks were not the only group to help in building america,,the iresh and the chinese , and a huge group of poor white people also had a hand in it , but why keep bring this up , we can do nothing about what happened 150 years ago , but we can treat our fellow neighbors as equals and friends when they alow us to

each of us live in a diff area under diff circonstances , where i live i have seen the reverse of what you've been talking about ,

meaning it's more of a raceist thing for blacks to hold against us whites for things we had nothing to do with .

for example i was born way back in the hills of eastern ky,, and i can't recall of more then 1 or two rich white folks that had slaves of any sort , our black familys were treated same as every one else just one huge family every one knew every one and helped any time help was needed , so my personal view of the history i lived is much diff then what you lived thru

the blacks were not the only group to help in building america,,the iresh and the chinese , and a huge group of poor white people also had a hand in it , but why keep bring this up , we can do nothing about what happened 150 years ago , but we can treat our fellow neighbors as equals and friends when they alow us to

each of us live in a diff area under diff circonstances , where i live i have seen the reverse of what you've been talking about ,

meaning it's more of a raceist thing for blacks to hold against us whites for things we had nothing to do with .

for example i was born way back in the hills of eastern ky,, and i can't recall of more then 1 or two rich white folks that had slaves of any sort , our black familys were treated same as every one else just one huge family every one knew every one and helped any time help was needed , so my personal view of the history i lived is much diff then what you lived thru

Tell me something i don't know. It was by and large black BTW. When the irish got their leg up by the government, blacks did not. None of those groups had the distinct plight of blacks in America. None were cut off from their homeland, language, culture. How many fought for civil right in america? All is is by design. You will get it when you study history. There is always a cause to an effect.

So tell me how racism caused three young black men to shoot a guy in the back while he was out jogging? How does racism cause two young black men to beat to death an 88 year old WW II veteran? How does racism cause 70% of black children to be born out of wedlock? You can look at history all you want and make all kinds of excuses but the problem is the break down of the family unit. And that my friend is not caused by racism because it is happening to whites, blacks, Hispanics and any other group you want to label. A child needs to be raised in a stable home with a mother and a father I don't care what happened 500 years ago. That is the cause and effect of what is happening today!!

It actually is the competitive relationship between groups of people for ownership of wealth, power and resources.

It never existed until the 1500's until blacks were used to build america using comercial slavery.

lol wut?

Racism has been around since the first tribes ran into other tribes and didn't like them or wanted what they had or whatever. Try more like 150000 BC.

• Like 1

How does racism cause two young black men to beat to death an 88 year old WW II veteran?

This was actually not a racist crime, he was a good target for a robbery. My father actually worked with Delbert at Kaiser when we lived in Spokane in the early 80's, so this really hits home. I never met the guy, but my dad did and is pretty sad by the whole thing. I guess I would have liked the guy a lot because he was all about cars.

Not sure your stance on the whole Zimmerman/Martin thing, but I've been blown away at how many people I've seen that complained that the race card was being pulled on something that wasn't racial in that case. Then they turn around and try and claim racism in Mr. Belton's death. Two wrongs make a right much?

That Australian guy? That's a completely different story. I gotta say... even tho there were a lot of whites that didn't agree the Martin case was racism, there were many whites who did think it was and were right there with the rest of Martin's supporters. I had a lot of white friends on Facebook and such who were pissed at the verdict. Yet, I don't think I've seen a single black person who will admit that the Australian dude's death was motivated by race.

Edited by Burton

If that is the kind of miss-information you are getting from that video then I know I don't want to watch it.

The issue is you don't pick apart/deconstruct the misinformation. Let hear what the accurate info is then if it is not just your opinion. Please watch the entire video and then comment. This is not the thread to complain. It is only a discussion. Edited by lionbull

lol wut?

Racism has been around since the first tribes ran into other tribes and didn't like them or wanted what they had or whatever. Try more like 150000 BC.

incorrect. slavery had no racial preferential treatment back in those days. list the tribes you are talking about and what "race" did they enslave and lets dissect the info you put down.

This a discussion put what you say in context. post a link or something so we can read to educated ourselves on your opinion.

Edited by lionbull

let me ask you one simple question,, what were these black men to start with,, SLAVES of other black men,,their lives were greatly improved when they were lucky enought to be brought to america

and if you realy want to get techinal,,the acient egyptions were the first slavers we have lots of records of , america was certianly not the creatr of slavery,, but loin what is your point for keep bring this up i know you have some main point you want to make,, why not just say it,, but please don't be blameing all black peoples problems on mr whitey

let me ask you one simple question,, what were these black men to start with,, SLAVES of other black men,,their lives were greatly improved when they were lucky enought to be brought to america

and if you realy want to get techinal,,the acient egyptions were the first slavers we have lots of records of , america was certianly not the creatr of slavery,, but loin what is your point for keep bring this up i know you have some main point you want to make,, why not just say it,, but please don't be blameing all black peoples problems on mr whitey

Shelby,

Did you know in ancient times in Egypt one could actually be bought by another family member to be freed. One could also pay for his freedom after he worked off his debt? Did you know one could sell himself off to slavery to pay for family debt? Can you not see the difference in what happened here in America?

Here is a simple question for you. Do you think they were treated the same here in America after slavery became racial? Prior, it was not. The Irish, christian, africans alike were being exploited for labor here. I am trying to encourage a discussion with no pretenses but many are no ready for that i can see.

How does racism cause 70% of black children to be born out of wedlock? You can look at history all you want and make all kinds of excuses but the problem is the break down of the family unit. And that my friend is not caused by racism because it is happening to whites, blacks, Hispanics and any other group you want to label. A child needs to be raised in a stable home with a mother and a father I don't care what happened 500 years ago. That is the cause and effect of what is happening today!!

Yep

Tell me something i don't know. It was by and large black BTW. When the irish got their leg up by the government, blacks did not. None of those groups had the distinct plight of blacks in America. None were cut off from their homeland, language, culture. How many fought for civil right in america? All is is by design. You will get it when you study history. There is always a cause to an effect.

Yeah, the Chinese were brought here under false pretense as well. They were systematically cut off from all society, friends, family, language etc. it was Chinese males to be exact. The US passed laws specifically targetting Chinese males not to marry or be allowed to bring their wives over. I forget the name of the laws used against them. It was slavery. We just don't hear about it much.

The issue is you don't pick apart/deconstruct the misinformation. Let hear what the accurate info is then if it is not just your opinion. Please watch the entire video and then comment. This is not the thread to complain. It is only a discussion.

Ok then..... how about blacks sold blacks into slavery. That is a historical fact. Blame themselves not people with the means to buy them. If you have the means to buy something, and it's for sale on the open market, why not buy it if you want it.

Lion i'l go along with you on haveing a discussion but you lately seem more like one of them jehovah witness's , my views are the only alowable views

to be very very honest with you me i find the raceizum card played against me more so these days then me ever playing it against any man , in other words in my world things are back wards from what you are telling me they are in your world ,

hell i'm so dumb that i wasn't aware whitey was suposed to hate the blacks untill i was in the army carrying a rifle next to them

Yeah, the Chinese were brought here under false pretense as well. They were systematically cut off from all society, friends, family, language etc. it was Chinese males to be exact. The US passed laws specifically targetting Chinese males not to marry or be allowed to bring their wives over. I forget the name of the laws used against them. It was slavery. We just don't hear about it much.

The seems like indentured labor. Do you know if they were paid? when did they integrate? I am asking because i don't know.

They were not splintered from every facet that forms their identity as a people/whole.

Lion i'l go along with you on haveing a discussion but you lately seem more like one of them jehovah witness's , my views are the only alowable views

to be very very honest with you me i find the raceizum card played against me more so these days then me ever playing it against any man , in other words in my world things are back wards from what you are telling me they are in your world ,

hell i'm so dumb that i wasn't aware whitey was suposed to hate the blacks untill i was in the army carrying a rifle next to them

lol you are alright with me old man. This thing is really distorted. I am seeking knowledge, clarity and understanding. I can't do it all by myself.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

If only people truly understood what those words mean then we, as a nation, could live in a color blind society.

Unfortunately we have the "race baiters" like Sharpton, Jackson, Jackson's jail bound son, and Quanell X that keep hate and racism alive. These so called civil rights leaders don't have a freaking clue as to what those words actually mean. As long as they keep blacks hating whitey then they get a paycheck. They are pathetic and they don’t do the black community any favors.

If this is ever going to be a nation where someone is judged solely on the content of their character then why do we have the NAACP or BET or the national black caucus or every other freaking organization that highlights the fact that someone is black?? why? why? why?

One’s ethnicity should be CELEBRATED because we are a nation of immigrants.

One’s ethnicity should not be a consideration when it comes to getting a job or used to gain an advantage where one shouldn’t exist!

Oh, no one want wants racism right?!? We want racism eliminated from our lives right?!?!? Everyone wants to treated fairly right?!?!?!?!? Oh but let's throw "fairness" out of the window if I can use my ethnicity to gain an advantage right?!?!? Oh yeah, that's it!!! That defines fairness!! It's the biggest crock of crap there is!

It's this kind of crap that keeps racism alive and part of our lives!!!!!

How about we hire someone based on their qualifications?!?!? How about that!? How about we leave "race" out of every job application and hire people based on their skills!? How about we leave RACE out of everything and judge someone by the content of their character!!!! How about that?!?!?

I’m so freaking sick of people crying racism and using it to justify every plight they have in life! It must suck for these people to wake up every morning and blame every bad thing that's going to happen on the color of their skin!!

There's my 2 cents!

Edited by ToneyC
  • Like 1