worked that mig today ;)

Shelby

Like you said only one way to learn. My recent welding hassle came when a bracket on our lawn mower at the farm broke clean off from 2 welds flat to a pipe frame. I brought it home, opened the phonebook and made a list of 6 welders or machinists and set out to get this thing tacked up. Every single one was out of business. I found a well known electric motor shop had loaded in machine equip right across from my last stop. Guy says IF I CAN FIX IT it'll be looking at a couple hundred bucks. He's so unsure of himself all clutching his pearls about it. I said thanks and just gave up and went home. Next trip out I chased down this guy repairing a mower on another farm who hadn't returned my calls before. He just runs a truck loaded for service. It took longer to cool it than it did to fix it welded all around the joints. Handed me a $50 bill, no deal but totally worth it.

I can drive one hour in one direction or the other and not be able to BUY services. It's like 2 worlds. :ph34r:

This is next for me, I've only played with the baby torch but I've seen what to do generally.

Edited by Edde

Eddie i'l be honest if i could not repair my own stuff , would not have a lawn mower or a car of any kind , it's tot he point my neighbors and their kids keep me loaded up with go carts, 4 whlrs and lawn mowers needing service ,,they all starting to get real tired of a $200 bill for any little thing they have done at the shop , like this 2011 90 cc 4 whlr starter burnt up , internal ring gear froze up ,,all it needed was side cover taken off and the shaft cleaned and greased , took maybe 30 minutes they quoted her $300

to start , and their $150 starter i bought for $44 , starter solonid they wanted $63 for i bought for $5.90

CI unit is acting up they want $149 for just the CDI box,, i can replace the entire system includeing wire harness for $49

of course this makes me work my rear off for little moneys but whats wrong with neighbor helping neighbor

it's just like Kevin turning me on to a place to get my wire feed mig wire sleve,, i have hunted for 2 years for one and he had the address , week later the mig is fixed , thats what i call a friend

ok got some done today , what do ya think , keep in mindi have the 12" tires and rims also

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/thumb_100_0854_3012a.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/100_0855_3013a.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/100_0856_3014a.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/100_0858_3016a.jpg

of course this makes me work my rear off for little moneys but whats wrong with neighbor helping neighbor

it's just like Kevin turning me on to a place to get my wire feed mig wire sleve,, i have hunted for 2 years for one and he had the address , week later the mig is fixed , thats what i call a friend

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I'm not as much of a 'd__khead' as I'm made out to be, lol.

BTW: the trailer looks great!

kev

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I'm not as much of a 'd__khead' as I'm made out to be, lol.

BTW: the trailer looks great!

kev

yep your still a D- head ;) just a helpfull one LOL

thanks on the trailer coment it is like most of my endevors is more funtional then looks , it basicly is some thing i needed real bad

i got 4 dead trees falling down arround the property and no way to realy haul them to a burn pit ,

my neighbor has one of them yard wagons she bought with her big lawn mower but it is less then 1/2 the size on my trailer and too small for my use , it's more for a leaf catcher , she'd let me use it in a heart beat but i'm afraid it'd be more work then help

her husband died last yr so i have been helping her keep her stuff runing , lol her g-son and her have every toy you can imagine all with a gasoling engine on them , aqnd we all know how much work it can be keeping them runing