Brake Pedal is Help! 88 SHP

TougeWarrior88

so i drove my 88 sq this morning she was fine. then in the afternoon i drove her again my brake pedal became stiff after the first stop. then it became regular again so on and so forth. i was wondering if anyone had this happen to better help me pinpoint my problem. shes my daily driver so i need to find problem and fix within a days worth of work hopefully on saturday night or sunday. i checked my lines they seem fine no disconnection by the way. thanks!!

Did the brakes seem to stay engaged after the first stop? took awhile for the pressure to release?

BC_99

The first stop was normal then after that the pedal became stiff and would only press in about a quarter of the way, slowing down was harder. i would pump it then next stop would be normal again. but it seemed to happen randomly.

becareful it sounds like a long shot but the ABS might

be stuck in the on position. that was a common problem

in the s10 blazers pedal got real stiff and the brakes took

allot to get them to work.

Edited by importwarrior
  • Like 1

Brake booster, check it for leaks (vacuum leaks) and check the hose going to the intake plus the check valve.

I was thinking the same. brake booster. but i dont wanna replace just like that. last this happened i ran my car hard then a vacuum line that went from the booster to engine came off and the pedal felt the same way. but this time no vacuum lines are unplugged.