Ideas for overheating.. HALP ME!

I did not read the whole thread, so if this has already bee sugested, my bad

You could reroute the coolant return line out of the turbo into the radiator instead of the head.

I know "87quest-tsi" has done this.

I did not read the whole thread, so if this has already bee sugested, my bad

You could reroute the coolant return line out of the turbo into the radiator instead of the head.

I know "87quest-tsi" has done this.

Maybe I'm wrong here but where is your coolent return from the turbo going into the head? Isn't the feed from the Tstat housing, and the return to the waterpump?

Swapping to used or a brand new radiator, fan, tstat all at once? Ever an upgraded swap? Do you think it's more an issue of junk building up in the block, and water not contacting metal to metal, or not flowing well? IS there just a bad water design in our jackets? You ever mod your Tstats?

Over time it's all been changed out and today it's better than at any time since it was new but probably due to my clutch fan setup as much as anything. One swap I thought would help was new stock radiator, but it didn't much. I'm just thinking the common denominator all along has been the aftermarket head casting. Maybe it doesn't flow the same as the jet head.

Also could be the ancient electrical components, I can't say I actually know what the temps are. Never modded a tstat.

Edde definalty ether buy the hign end Tstat with the little jiggle pin bit in it or if you got one of the solid ones, just drill an itty bitty hole in it, maybe 2 if you got one of those pin drill bits. I've always done that on pretty much everything. Think my grandpa got me doing that way back. It might warm up just a bit slower but it will always have that weep flow then open or not.

I'm starting to think it's the radiator core design here. I don't think the water is staying in the stock radiator cores long enough to really cool it. Then dumping to hot of water back in just leads to heat soak.

I have noticed the car stays hot for a very long time after shutting it off. More so then your avrage car I would say. After a short drive, and up to 178 * (can't seem to go over that even fans off) parked it with gurage fan on front and 4 hours later head is still pretty hot, so is block.

I'm starting to think it's the radiator core design here. I don't think the water is staying in the stock radiator cores long enough to really cool it. Then dumping to hot of water back in just leads to heat soak.

Could be this. If you're running a single pass radiator the water just isn't getting enough time to cool. A lot of guys in our dirt track racing circle run restrictors instead of thermostats.

So im retarded. The car does have a puller fan, but i don't know the flow rate as it came with my rad, my ls1 car had the pusher. So here's my plan.

See if my Taurus puller fan fits and if it does install with a hi,low,off switch with necessary relays etc.

Swap coolant with mostly water and water wetter.

Get underdrive pulley from someone.

Mistapickles hood.

Profit? or swap it hana

Silt and rust inside the block/coolant passages? I've also seen water pump impellers rusted away.

New water pump a year ago and the motor is built and was hot tanked 2 years ago. Wish i could swap it but i got to get moving on the mustang.