Anybody else...

Burton

....having issues with their text during posting? Every time I make a post, it wants to do something different. Sometimes it wants to do italics, and even if I click the italics button when making the post, it won't change to non-italic. Same thing with underline text, and even had it come up with a line thru all the text I try to write a few times. When it's had the line thru it, I've just refreshed the page, and when I go to post again it uses a completely different style... either underlined, italic, or this one it's doing now. It will also not let me hit enter to go down and start a new line of text, so all of my posts for the past few days have been long paragraphs LOL. It does it on IE or Chrome, and does not do it on any other sites I post on. Enter key works fine everywhere else too. Computer's only about 6 months old, has been re-booted, and is virus-free. Anybody else? Edited by Burton

It sounds like you have picked up a virus. Some of the viruses out there can hijack your web browser whether its internet explorer or chrome. Whats worse is most of these viruses dont get caught with standard antivirus software. I like using a program called combofix. I use it on computers at my office and home. It can usually clean out a virus or malware that has effected your computer in some way. Just download it for free, disable your existing antivirus and let combofix run its course. After its done you just re-enable your antivirus software.

Here is the link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

I thought I was the only one...

I was trying to post up some stuff for sale and when I would want to start a new line and I'd hit enter, the cursor would not drop down. Also, I was not able to paste in a copied line of text (for posting pictures). I struggled with it for a while and I noticed that in the toolbar that shows up when you post, at the top left, there is a button that says "toggle editing mode". I clicked on that little fellow and was able to post as normal.

I haven't been on much before the last week or so, so apparently some things have changed. I wasn't sure if it was the site or my new computer with this incredibly difficult to learn Windows 8.

I thought I was the only one...

I was trying to post up some stuff for sale and when I would want to start a new line and I'd hit enter, the cursor would not drop down. Also, I was not able to paste in a copied line of text (for posting pictures). I struggled with it for a while and I noticed that in the toolbar that shows up when you post, at the top left, there is a button that says "toggle editing mode". I clicked on that little fellow and was able to post as normal.

I haven't been on much before the last week or so, so apparently some things have changed. I wasn't sure if it was the site or my new computer with this incredibly difficult to learn Windows 8.

Thanks for the tip... that works great.