Did anyone watch street outlaws last night?

spadey

Seen this show on discovery channel last night and it looka pretty fake to me. Like hey let's go race on public roads and then put it on tv seems like they are trying to get caught. The cars are muscle cars and they say there are the fastest in Oklahoma and maybe even the country. The one guy was like ill miss a mortgage payment just so I could go race.

Seen this show on discovery channel last night and it looka pretty fake to me. Like hey let's go race on public roads and then put it on tv seems like they are trying to get caught. The cars are muscle cars and they say there are the fastest in Oklahoma and maybe even the country. The one guy was like ill miss a mortgage payment just so I could go race.

Traveling in a fried-out combie

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous

She took me in and gave me breakfast

And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?

Where women glow and men plunder?

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six foot four and full of muscles

I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

And he said,

"I come from a land down under

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay

With a slack jaw, and not much to say

I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me

Because I come from the land of plenty?"

And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)

• Like 1

Traveling in a fried-out combie

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous

She took me in and gave me breakfast

And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six foot four and full of muscles

I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

And he said,

"I come from a land down under

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay

With a slack jaw, and not much to say

I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me

Because I come from the land of plenty?"

And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)

Oooo. Kayyy. Good song... Butt, am I lost????? :(

I saw the episode and I have to say that it seems VERY scripted and fake to me. Also the racers are idiots. The only reason I watched it was because it came on after the new episode of Fast N Loud, which I only watched because I want to see them crash and burn on that F40 repair.

I watched it, and was kept entertained. I'm not so sure they are the fastest in OKC or the country, as much as I think that they were the 10 fastest that were willing to put their actions on TV. I'd be curious to hear from OKC members about if this decades old "list" around there is the real deal or not. If all of what they said in the show is "real", then there's a few people up there getting picked up by the cops today...especially that ringleader, Chief, who not only drove without a license, but also violated his probation on national TV. The courts tend to make an example of people like that who flaunt their illegal activities. The other option is that the production company actually got the right permits and are in cahoots with the local police to conduct these races in a legal way, yet imply on the TV that it's all still illegal and build up drama. Frankly, I've never been one to be big into the illegal street racing. I suppose I can see the thrill of the risk of getting caught, but I've lost a couple friends to street racing so I'd rather see that stuff go down at the track. Still tho, I'll watch it. It and Fast and Loud are the only new "car" shows on Mondays right now, and I'd rather watch any car show, no matter how cheesy, than American Idol or some other crap. On a related note... any of y'all see Texas Car Wars when it was on? That's another show I can't believe the participants allow some footage to TV. Most of those car fixing crews were shown spraying paints and primers out in the middle of their shops, or in rickety lean-to's built off the side of a shop. In TX it's a $10k fine per car to paint outside of an approved spray booth, if you are a car repair related business. The hobbyist in his garage painting his own car can do it, but any business that makes money working on cars needs to have an approved booth or have the painting done in an approved booth, or risk 10k fine. When I was at the hot rod shop, we had a big paint project in the booth but needed to get primer on a car so I sprayed it in the shop. 4 hours later, G-men (not sure if OSHA or EPA... I think it was EPA) were at the shop blasting the owner because a neighbor had called. He ended up with a warning, but that was the last time anything got sprayed outside the booth.

I caught the second half of it and recorded the rerun just to make sure I was really seeing things right. The people on the show look and sound like idiots and the whole system, list thing, sounds very made up to me. The place they were racing looked like a track that was made for street racers. It was fenced off on both sides down the entire length and even had a decent looking place to park. I think they are getting away with showing this "illegal" activity because it was filmed a couple years ago kinda like with the moonshine show. The first thing I thought to my self was, "people are still street racing"?

Oooo. Kayyy. Good song... Butt, am I lost????? :(

i agree with this guy lol

And no doesnt surprise me its fact just amazing people acutally buy into it. I was watching fast and loud and got sucked into it lol. Were the Oklahoma members at?? get a starquest on the list lol

Edited by spadey

To no surprise I heard a while back that Dave Hester from the Storage War show leaked that it was set up and scripted. The show gave the contestants money to bid with and put stuff in the lockers in advance. He had a helleva contract paycheck set up for doing the show that he then lost out on by breaching and outing the production. Good riddance.

So....what's the story with "Are You Faster Than A Redneck"?? I have to admit that one's fairly entertaining. I want on Pass Time.

The first thing I thought to my self was, "people are still street racing"?

Haha, YEP! A lot less these days, not as crazy as it was years ago, but there are still races to be found.

Haven't seen the show though, going to have to check it out either way.