BBK 12" Rotor 4 Piston Wilwood Big Brake KIT (Original and First BBK made to fit OEM wheels)

Oscar, I am interested. Please put me on the list. Any recommendations for prop Valves and settings?

My black car was fine without one until I installed a Wilwood one. Yeah.... much better control with no tail wagin on hard stops. As for brands Im not tied into any one in particular but the most popular is the wilwood unit as many copy their designs. BUT PLEASE I SUGGEST ( I, ME, MYSELF, YOURS TRULY ) suggest NOT to buy a cheap no name brand unit from FleaBay for $19.99 unless its a name brand. Like I stressed before "Brakes are your LIFE" don't skimp on your life saving devices. I wont buy a parachute made by the ACME Parachute company if you catch my drift.

I suggest first to eliminate the ABS unit if you haven't done so already, Then start at a 60/40 split F/R and go from there. Everyone here has different taste and have different opinions of how their brakes should feel. I had mine set at about 75/25 on race tires and 65/35 on street tires. But since there are no set numbers on the prop valves only either notches or bumps stops no real way to say with 100% accuracy what it is, also as all master cylinders condition, brake fluid, pads, rotors selection are different my best recommendation is to start at 50/50 or at the neutral position and go up from there with testing on a CLEAR STRAIGHT LOW/NO HAZARD COP FREE ROAD.

Edited by Oscar_the_Grouch

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, its alright, currently back in Florida so no longer in CA so not well connected here but working on it.

Glad to see you still around too

I've been in FL now for going on 7 years and recently made a connection to get products made with CNC. PM me if you want to look into having anything made. I know they can make these brackets & rings for you for sure but assume you already have it all lined up if taking orders for the kit. There's a small block Starion locally who still needs big brakes but not on SQC. I'll send him this link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

The three members that had sent in their deposits have there orders ready to go as soon as the balance is paid.

The brake lines will ship in a few weeks as I have not gotten them from the manufacturer yet.

I will contact you deposit paying guys individually.

If you have NOT sent in your deposits then you can still send them in BUT the order will not be ready to ship till about two more weeks or so as I did not allocate for orders not reserved.

Any questions just post here or email me.

Thanks

OTG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still have one of your first run full kits in a box. I got it with a car I bought. I had planned on running it but never got around to it. Though it does look like a quality kit.

I for one also feel more comfortable with steel brackets. I don't care if it has been proven that aluminum works fine. Steel gives me some piece of mind. Remember when parts were falling off airplanes from metal fatigue? That was aluminum. Maybe the same doesn't apply but when it comes to brakes I don't mind an extra couple pounds for steel brackets.

I totally forgot about this group buy. I see i am listed. Is this buy still on?

Hello

Yes you where on the original list but since there was no deposit sent then... "no kit for you"

Well sort of anyways...

I only made the the kits that where paid for, I may be able to do another small batch run but one kit will not be possible at this time, just not cost effective.

If the other two members that did not send in deposits send theirs in I can do three or more kits and get them out.

Please show interest otherwise Im sorry but I cannot deliver.

Thank you

OTG

I still have one of your first run full kits in a box. I got it with a car I bought. I had planned on running it but never got around to it. Though it does look like a quality kit.

I for one also feel more comfortable with steel brackets. I don't care if it has been proven that aluminum works fine. Steel gives me some piece of mind. Remember when parts were falling off airplanes from metal fatigue? That was aluminum. Maybe the same doesn't apply but when it comes to brakes I don't mind an extra couple pounds for steel brackets.

Wow, smart.

Edited by Convette

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the brake lines dont leak as bad as the oil lines I bought from ya years ago. Ps when s*** hits the fan oscar disappears and doesn't backup poor quality. I learned my lesson. Buyer beware

Okay...

What oil line do you speak of?

This is the first I hear of any of my lines leaking.

Would like to know to clear the air.

I purchased them from you in summer of 2007. The last message I had from you was about replacing the lines was on

"Sent 29 June 2007 - 02:43 PM"

and then you disappeared for 6 years. I can post the messages if need be or even links to oscar feedback forum if they werent erased. Last I remember was a post about family health issues and loose ends were never made whole.

Not alot of people on these boards were here then. They should know what they are getting in to

6 years ago. Who knows. It was ss braided lines. Pretty sure it was oil cooler lines. You supposedly sent replacements. They never showed. You told me you would take care of it. Then you disappeared. I left bad feedback along with other peoples bad feedback. It got heated and mods erased and changed posts. Ive since rebuilt my motor and got new lines. Just warning newer potential buyers.

not trying to flood this post any farther

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...