bad experiences at the dealership

88-cnqst-tsi

my parents own a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 with the 4.0 V6 and a while ago it was brought in for the regular service and I think a plug change but when we got it back it had a idle like my quest so we took a look and they forgot or just didn't reconnect some vac lines, that wasn't so bad compared to the latest experience. The truck was in for some body damage to the bottom corner of the cab and some at the bottom of the fender flair. So we took it in and didn't get it back for 12 days, when we got it back the first thing I noticed was that the cab reeked of paint, then I noticed that the inside of the box is coved in filler dust, those two things can be lived past but here comes the worst of it all. A bunch of new and deep scratches on the hood, box side, and tail gate. And today my mom came back and asked me to take a look at the gas cap, so I did and it was just sitting there behind the cover and the threaded part of the cap isn't even there so I look closer and the filler neck isn't even connected to the hole behind the cover. This is really stupid my mom was a bit freaked out cause me cant fill up and theres less than a 1/4 left and it looks like the air heads at Toyota just took the box off with out disconnecting the filler neck then straight up broke it off. If any of you have similar or any bad experiences feel free to share

Sounds like y'all need to make a claim against them asap. And then find a better place to get service. You Canadia people like to say you're friendlier than 'muricans... Maybe dealerships are excluded in that myth lol.

-Robert

Sounds like y'all need to make a claim against them asap. And then find a better place to get service. You Canadia people like to say you're friendlier than 'muricans... Maybe dealerships are excluded in that myth lol.

-Robert

all the Americans I have met are just as nice as Canadians and yes dealerships from here to mount mazoo suck they are all sleezy d****

I redo all stearing parts and suspension on my truck. I marked the old parts and installed the new parts as close as possible by measurements. All parts including nut / bolts / bushings ect are brand new. You can easily see they are brand new and the bolts / nuts have fresh tool marks on them. Drive around the corner to local dealer (as I knew they had a nice aligment rack) This dealer is also very close to my home just outside my development so there is not even road grime on the parts, and you can see fresh lube on all the zerk fittings, and cups.

Goes in for aligment and I am sitting waiting. 30 min later guy comes out and gets me. " I want you to take a look at this" walks me out there and under my truck, puts a pry bar on some of the parts and moves them. "see how much play this has" "O this is loose and out of spec"

I made him take it down off the rack with me right there and I drove it out of the shop never to return. (I also still have grease on me as I just finished the install)... and it's not like you can't tell a brand new part, see where the press was clamped on to the arms to press in stuff ECT. How could the guy be so stupid to not know I just put the parts on.

no clue but judging from some kids in my auto classes theres many that are that stupid

Yeah no joke. My uncle teaches at a local vocational college. He's had the cops there 4 times this semester alone. 1 time for kids dealing in the back of the class, one time for a kid using and passing out ODing in class, one time for theft of tools and equpment from class, and one time for a stolen car they brought into class to work on.

You know what's worse then that.... The girls my mom has in her cosmatology class. now mind you in this job you deal with some nasty chemicals, strong bleach, amonia, Vol. peroxide (not the stuff you put on cuts the stuff that will burn your skin) The one girl is so stupid, she can't measure the chemicals in the graduated cylinder because it's got 2 diffrent scales on it... I think one side is ML and one side is CL...... just imagin if she were to combine a bleach and amonia chemical :(

Edited by jszucs

-Robert

that was years back when our dollar was worth more then theirs :)

I've seen many cars brought in and I've found more loose parts then the owner or other shop did. As far as dealers go I wouldn't trust one to change the oil on my lawn mower, but if its under warranty you have little choice.