Techboy's 88 Starion SHP Save ....

techboy

Ok, so after spending some time wandering new car lots yesterday, here's what I've come up with.

Option #1 - Octane Blue Pearl - actually, a Mitsubishi color.

fUi78P.jpg

Option #2 - Blue Streak Pearl - Chrysler

RROqkz.jpg

Option #3 - Dyno Blue Pearl - Honda

4lgEEb.jpg

If you've seen this color ^^^ in person and are familiar with it, it's really shifty and in certain lights can almost have a teal look to it. I'm a little on the fence about this one. The other 2 are definite contenders. Really, at the end of the day there's not much difference between any of these. The Chrysler color is maybe a shade or two darker than the Mitsubishi color. All of these photos were taken with the same phone, within a 1/2 hour of each other in virtually the same light. They're not downloaded internet images. Curious as what your guys thoughts are, and then I'll make own decision anyway :lol: :lol:

Edited by techboy

the dodge viper blue was nice.

Dodge Viper blue was actually on my list original list of about 10 blues, when I talked to the guy whose doing the painting about that color, he said in certain lights that color can almost look purplish, which is something I'm not interested in. Very cool color though regardless. My wife's cousin had a 1G Talon years ago he painted that color.

My vote goes to option #2.

Option 2. I wanted to buy my dodge ram in that color but ended up with a red one

I was actually leaning toward that one myself. It's a shade or two darker than the Mitsu Octane Blue. I just shot the paint shop an email saying that was the color I'm going with.

Dodge Viper blue was actually on my list original list of about 10 blues, when I talked to the guy whose doing the painting about that color, he said in certain lights that color can almost look purplish, which is something I'm not interested in. Very cool color though regardless. My wife's cousin had a 1G Talon years ago he painted that color.

I was actually leaning toward that one myself. It's a shade or two darker than the Mitsu Octane Blue. I just shot the paint shop an email saying that was the color I'm going with.

I agree. Going to be jealous once you have that painted

Thanks for the compliments guys. I pushed it ouside yesterday and gave the engine bay a degreasing and power wash. I'll pictures of that up shortly.

Should be going down this weekend. Truth be told it should be there already. But,the tail lights are out on my father-in-law's rollback. He's working on getting them fixed so we can take it down to the paint shop.

Gone as of Wednesday. Paint shop said 3 to 4 weeks. They're gonna take some progress pictures for me along the way and email them to me. I'm also planning to pop in the shop a few times over the coming weeks and take some pictures myself as well.

iod9og.jpg

Edited by techboy

Lol .... I am excited, but I'm not as excited as I thought I might be. There's a lot of nerves associated with this. When you're putting out this kinda money for a car you've never seen run I can't help but wonder whether it'll start when it's all together, or whether there will be crazy electrical gremlins (especially with this car since under dash is all hacked up). I guess that's what all you guys are for though! A bunch of people told me I should put a motor in and get it running first and then have it painted, but that just felt backwards to me. So, here we go ...

While the car is out getting painted, I started sifting through this massive pile of parts that I have. I started gathering up what I believe are all the AC components. I've never had a Starquest with AC so I'm not sure what the entire system looks like, but I think I got the majority of the pieces here. I have no plans to install it at this time, so I bought a giant plastic bin at Home Depot and I'm gonna store it (just in case). It'll probably be there till I'm dead, then my kids can pull it down and sell it as original parts for a zillion bucks ... lol. :P

58LsWy.jpg

Edited by techboy

While the car is out getting painted, I started sifting through this massive pile of parts that I have. I started gathering up what I believe are all the AC components. I've never had a Starquest with AC so I'm sure what the entire system looks like, but I think I got the majority of the pieces here. I have no plans to install it at this time, so I bought a giant plastic bin at Home Depot and I'm gonna store it (just in case). It'll probably be there till I'm dead, then my kids can pull it down and sell it as original parts for a zillion bucks ... lol. :P

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/58LsWy.jpg

How did your children take it when you told them that their entire inheritance is contained in that one plastic container?

Edited by mbruneaux

Stopped by the paint shop last week to see how things were progressing. They were working on getting the body/panels straight and smoothed out. They said they'd be laying down paint this coming week. Here's a couple of quick shots I took:

y0kqoG.jpg

7EPh8U.jpg

Ldkvdg.jpg

Edited by techboy