TPS upgrade and adapter NEW STOCK!!!!

boostinmini

hey guys

i have six kits available, i have had so many pms I can not keep track of how many peolpe all asked for them. If you still need one please pm me, it will be first come first serve at this point.

Thanks for your patience

Hey guys..ended up have ten kits ready....

Four sold all ready

Three kits pending

Three kits left and one just adapter and hardware still need to find a sensor for it.

These are selling faster then I can find sensors.

Pm if interested.

Mike

• Like 1

The Mazda TPS is built better and seems to have better resolution. Plus they are readily available. The stock TPS is mostly plastic and are known for wearing out around or before 100k miles.

Almost getting to be a "must have" in my opinion.

Here is the adapter mounted on the TB mixer. Nice O-ring mount. You will want to

cut a piece of the included adhesive foam and stick it behind the adapter to cover

the small gap between the adapter and the stock mount.

I finally got mine! (took 2.5 weeks ... stupid customs)...

The above part I don't get... I haven't taken it apart yet, but where does the foam go exactly? Any pics of installing/cutting the foam?

I figured out where the foam goes, but I'm having an issue....

Please tell me how i messed this up, but I can't get the Mazda TPS to work.... From what I can see, it looks like the screws for to mount the adapter onto the TB, and the screws to mount the TPS to the adapter are backwards... They came pre-installed and one is a counter sunk internal hex, so you CAN'T change their orientation..

However, I can't get 0.50v at idle with this the way it is. As you can see in the picture below, my SQ's throttle blade tab is almost halfway between the posts for the Mazda sensor. When installed this way, the Mazda sensor reads 3.4v at SQ idle speed (key on, engine off, ISC unplugged after returning from initial zip, and ground wire run from nose switch to body ground to simulate idle to the ECU as per the TPS reset instructions).

It's physically in the wrong spot. I pulled the mazda TPS sensor and manually moved the potentiometer, and it can reach 0.50v easily, and at what looks at the right position (at the far end of the adjustment range).

Either I effed up the install, or the adapter is mounting this particular Mazda sensor (supplied to me with the adapter) in the wrong spot. FWIW, the Mazda sensor boostinmini sent me is the "alternate" one with the pink/brown/oranges wire as shown in the wiring diagram FUZE posted.

Anyone?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ewnrx2.jpg

Edited by boostd92

You probably have the adapter plate on incorrectly or something. I do remember having to deduce the correct orientation when installing it to have it work correctly also. I'm sure with a bit of messing around or talking with boostedmini you will get it right.

Allen

It is pointed at 2 o'clock. The picture I posted is a mirror image so you could see how it lines up with the Mazda TPS.

And regarding wires crossed, they are not. and that's not the problem. As boostin pointed out, the idle position of the factory throttle will leave the arm pointing at 2 o'clock. The Mazda TPS idle position (0.5v) is at approx 9 o'clock when installed on minis adapter.

I thought maybe I put the adapter in wrong but it can only go two ways and they are mirrors of each other so it wouldn't matter which way I was put in.

I'm stumped. Unless the Mazda TPS I got came off a car with a different mounting position

TPS RECALL...ONLY TEN MOST RECENT ONES EFFECTED.

Hey guys

As much as I hate to say this the ten most recent adapters i made are incorrect

Please do not attempt to install them I need to make another batch and mail then to you free of charge but it takes about thirty to forty hours to make a batch on top of a full time job I will be spending all my free time to correct this

Please e mail me at miketeierle@Gmail.com if you are effected..

Attached is the direction they should be in the picture

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8zns3dvyqttp09t/uGV9lAw-gh

Once again I apologize this has cost me huge