Custom Starion For Sale, Wow.

BoostedBimmer

Body man fight!!! Look out! Biggest dent wins LOL. I was wondering that myself Mark, I don't know if it's a compliment? or a shot at ya.

Dad

It means it looks like something you would do. If memory serves me correct...?, you took a bumper cover from a Mustang GT and grafted it to your Conquest didn't you? I'm not even sure if you used a mustang bumper cover, I just took a quick glance at your car.

On one hand im not digging the look at all, on the other hand any 86 model in the possession of most members would simply be stripped, parted out, and sent to the junkyard so maybe its better off in its current state.

Awww come on I got an 86.... and yeah I stripped it raw.... but I started with the most beat car I could find so as to not ruin a nice one. But I did it to drop weight not junk it.

It means it looks like something you would do. If memory serves me correct...?, you took a bumper cover from a Mustang GT and grafted it to your Conquest didn't you? I'm not even sure if you used a mustang bumper cover, I just took a quick glance at your car.

You're an auto body GOD and you can't even tell what I did to my car? I thought Gods were all-knowing, but the stuff that comes out of your mouth continuously proves that isn't true.

I took a damaged OEM 88/89 airdam that came to me in 3 pieces, cut it down, grafted it to my OEM bumper that I removed the step from, then welded on 1/4 panel extensions to help the 1/4 panel flow into the rear bumper.

The dude who did the Mustang bumper add-on, skirts, and lambo doors was ECK007.....

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67484

I don't see how this......

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/309063_1892605569780_1680761901_1468275_1949787402_n.jpg

...comes anywhere close to looking like the sort of stuff done to the StarMaroBird in this thread.

Edited by Burton

^ and the above was so well done, I had never noticed that was a repurposed front airdam untill you said so awhile back.

It's like when someone has customized a car so well, you walk around the whole show just trying to figure out what that car was.

^ and the above was so well done, I had never noticed that was a repurposed front airdam untill you said so awhile back.

It's like when someone has customized a car so well, you walk around the whole show just trying to figure out what that car was.

Thank you. When I do stuff like this I try and use as much modded OEM stuff as I can, preferably from the same brand of car, but if not, I try and at least stick with parts from cars with similar design cues (the vents grafted into my cowl hood came off a late 80's Trans Am GTA hood), or I fab my own stuff to try and match factory design as best i can. Some mods I do (like this one) are a little more over-the-top, but most mods I do are very subtle. I love it when people either don't even notice the change, or think it came that way stock.

All that being said... I'm not 100% happy with how this mod turned out. I don't like the way the sides are. I kinda broke my own rule, and the sides ended up with some sweeping curves that don't quite go with the angular design cues of the SQs.

See how stuff gets misunderstood so easily on here Burton? For one... I said I took a quick glance of your car. I did not even look at it long enough to see what you used to graft in the back of your car. I don't know why anybody would want to change the looks on these cars IMO they already look better than most modern sports cars. I just thought the car that this post is about was one of your creations because you are the only person on this forum that has went as far to extensively mod the body. I wasn't trying to start no crap with you dude, lighten up! I think it's f"kn hilarious you have a problem with my forum name though, it's not the 1st time you have addressed it. Really Burton, I think you are talented...but just reading some of your posts makes me think you are ate up with yourself just a little bit .

Id be upset too if my name was getting draged into anything about creating that abomination. I'm all about major mods, major body changes but for the love of god DO THEM RIGHT (as in going beyond personal taste of I like green over yellow ECT) if your going to do them.

I think the cars look OK, very good for the time they were made in..... but they need LOTS of help to look good. Front would need to be a complete 1 peice with very functional vents / openings IE a fully boxed in intercooler hole. The back why o why did they make a bumper cover and not make a nice smooth one (even keeping it angular with the car lines you could still smooth it out), and add those stupid black pads that fade to nasty gray. Wheel wells, and arches would need to be WAY bigger (yes I know 16's were BIG for the time) Wheel wells could be out about 2-3" more and nice and tubbed in the rear to tuck some big meats in there.