idle dropping to stall speed

88-cnqst-tsi

this happens sometimes only i will be at a red light and it drops to like 500 but today the tack showed like 100 and almost stalled but when ever this happens i just touch the gas a bit the keep it at 1000 and when i start moving everythings ok, i have removed my AC and cruse besides that everything is stock. Whats going on I was thinking the tps is done for but i want to make sure before i empty my pockets on a tps

TPS is only used for accel enrichment, its not that. Probably need to give the ISC some loving care.

whats an ISC, whats its function

Check for vacuum leaks?

in the middle of doing a full replacement but iv only done the hvac nipple cause im not sure if i should do i egr delete and it would be dumb to waste a bunch of vac line. ps. would you happen to know if the vacc pump located next to drivers headlight and over flow just part of the cruse contol or do i need it for other things

Edited by 88-cnqst-tsi

Yes it is for your cruise control but I'm not positive if it's for other things. I would keep your egr personally at least until you figure all the bugs out.

The ISC is the Idle Servo Control.

ok so shall i remove the vac pump and i have to keep the egr till 2014 so i might as well use the line for 2 years and what do i do with the isc

I would leave the vacuum pump in there until you find out what else it's related to. ISC mtors go haywire sometimes after 20 + years, they need to be cleaned out and serviced. There is a how to thread somewhere I believe on what all to check ot and grease.

I would leave the vacuum pump in there until you find out what else it's related to. ISC mtors go haywire sometimes after 20 + years, they need to be cleaned out and serviced. There is a how to thread somewhere I believe on what all to check ot and grease.

ok ill leave it then and would you happen to have a link to the thread

thanks and 2 more things it only stalled once but it would go down to about 300 then shake like crazy then pop up to 1000rpm its almost like what ever senser or solinoid that keeps the idle from stalling is not reactiong fast enough and i blew my dimmer so would you happen to know how or know a person who might know how to jump the connector for the dimmer so i can get full on light

by the way 88,

my car only stalled when braking for red lights and such, not standing still......if i read correctly, yours dropped while sitting still?....hopefully a different issue...

eric

yes it does only stall at a stand still and with end play wouldnt there be a shaking all the time? and btw when you copy and past to this site the font size gets really small so you can make it bigger with the edit bar at the top