My nightmarish adventure... (help wanted)

MasterVivi

this where the volt meter you were told is need'd , you need to KNOW exactly what the alt voltage is,, you can not go by dash gauge

For sure.... I have aftermarket voltmeters added under the hood and in the dash, and have found my OEM gauge reads 2-3 volts off from what I actually have.

You'll deffinately want to get your battery and alternator tested. If one is good but the other is bad, the extra strain can end up causing the good one to go bad too.

I haven't given much time to my little quest recently, sadly, Black Ops 2 came out yesterday, and I played all day. (damn)

I'm going to go in with the volt meter tomorrow, I'm at work until 1am tonight.

I've been REAL broke recently, someone who owes me 800 dollars hasn't paid me for a few months, and I got down to having literally 1 dollar to my name.

I've also been hanging out with my girlfriend a lot, damn it.

I'll post updates tomorrow, I just haven't got around to doing much to the car.

I am still reading the service manual often though.

I'm off my break now,

later.

Just checking in to make sure it keeps moving in the right direction. There are always things in the new owners and FAQ that you can do for just labor / work for free. Like cleaning stuff up..... And have you started the juice running on this person who owes you ;)

Juiced the hell out of them today and got 250 bucks, hopefully more this month... (like 350-550 more, heh.) I'm even so poor right now that I'm considering selling the '83 hood that I JUST BOUGHT, and spent so much effort going to pick it up. (and gas)

SIGH.

Anyways, waiting for the sun to come up, then I'm going to go play with my car a little bit, maybe install my new shifter/radio surround and new hatch struts. (I bought all this stuff before Robert yelled at me :P )

I've got to clean her up too, she is packed with stuff.

At one point I need to get a new or used toolbox, probably off craigslist. I'd love to set up a nice little toolbox in the trunk for now.

I'm thinking about putting the hood in my room, but haven't yet, for fear of spiders crawling out and laying eggs in my room. (LOL)

I really wish I had a garage!

Anyways, I'll take pictures of my smashed up car, :( call the insurance company, <_< and check out some of those labor jobs for new owners.

Thanks man, I appreciate the push!

black ops 2 huh,,well we all got to have our prioritys for the realy important things

Damn, my priorities are all messed up...

I've really been considering changing my entire lifestyle and thinking process.

I need to lay down and do some introspection today, got a lot to think about.

I feel like I'm going crazy recently, I can't handle the stress induced by being

so poor recently. It's all my fault, I should've foreseen someone not paying

what they owed me, OH WELL.

They WILL pay me, in good time, I know they're good for it.

Anyways, what's important is fixing the car, and keeping my girlfriend/job. (wait, you mean a girlfriend isn't a job??)

The car is having real suspension issues due to the lady smashing into me. Wheel is vibrating the entire car, need an alignment, and I have no idea what else is wrong with the bottom of it.

I want to go under the car with a mask and just try wiping it down. Last time I got under it, a huge amount of filth was getting all over me. Dried mud, rocks, oil; IT WAS A MESS.

Just take it inside.... spiders are your friends they eat bugs.... if no bugs inside they die or leave.

Don't put a tool box in the trunk (just something to get a window smashed and stolen over..... Wait for black friday sales at like sears hardware and get yourself a boxed set.... they have some for like 40 bucks that have a nice socket asortment, few ratches ect.....

In the end it's all what you make of it. If you want to spend money on games and sit around like a lazy lump infront of the TV fine, but you can't B about the car then...... if you really want to devote time to it and work out a plan of most important things to do first and do and fix them good.... just take a second and plan it out like you say.

I don't know if you know, but I live in San Diego, CA, (like it says under my name) and black widows and brown widows live here. You don't want those in your house, trust me.

Anyways, I'm going to put real effort into the car, I want her to run smoothly.

If I have money, black friday here I come!

We have them in ohio too... along with brown recluses ect.... there really not that big a deal, they will stick to there own... most times you could just let them crawl on your and they are not going to just attack you. Quit being a girl they are not going to come and suck your blood in your sleep. Wash the thing out if your that worried about it.

I heat my whole house with wood / coal and bring a ton of wood inside (have it stacked in my basement. I have like 20 30 spiders running around all the time. There cool little creatures, and they eat bugs. Had one about the size (body of it) a pinky finger. He was pretty cool.

Another thing to consider is that a great running Starquest is alot faster then a ok running starquest. So dont really think of matinance as something need to do before you can make it go fast. More then any car I have worked on seams the difference from ok and great is very big. Getting the car running great will get you a good deal faster! Good Luck with everything!
  • Like 1

I installed the new center console thing, though it doesn't look as nice as I had hoped, whoever sold it to me is lame. (hyperviper?) (I forgot, though I could check)

I also installed the new hatch struts, and left them open for an hour. They hold up well, but they're kind of weak, easy to push down.

I brought the hood inside and started cleaning it up a little, it will need a lot of work. I want to install the damn thing as soon as possible, and try to sell my normal hood.

I'm gonna take off the scoops tomorrow when I get off work (4am) and clean them up all nicely too.

be careful with the scoops..... they are old and they are rare..... easy 100+ for just the scoops in fair condition.

With the other part, you have got to understand this car is more then likely older then you..... look at the bumps and bruses you have picked up over the years. If it's not all broken up.... I would call that fair condtion unless you paid allot for it.... then I would expect it to be above avrage.

Now how about the other stuff from the new owners guide? Get busy you got allot to do before you get back to MW4....or whatever there on by now.

Edited by jszucs

be careful with the scoops..... they are old and they are rare..... easy 100+ for just the scoops in fair condition.

With the other part, you have got to understand this car is more then likely older then you..... look at the bumps and bruses you have picked up over the years. If it's not all broken up.... I would call that fair condtion unless you paid allot for it.... then I would expect it to be above avrage.

Now how about the other stuff from the new owners guide? Get busy you got allot to do before you get back to MW4....or whatever there on by now.

I paid 50 bucks for it, and it's not a standard one, it looks very weird. I guess it doesn't matter, it's better than a broken one, I just wish the 50 bucks paid for a decent looking one.

I'm not going to play much video games right now, I was working on the car until 10:30am!

I need to maybe get some spray paint action on that hood, or find someone that can paint it.

I live in San Diego, and I need my hood painted, and a passenger side mirror painted, if anyone knows anyone who does decent work for cheap that won't flake off immediately.

I'll check more out from the new owners guide tonight, I have to go to autozone tomorrow and get some sandpaper so I can clean my fusible links.

i beleave what some guys are basicly saying is place more effort in makeing the car 110% in it's oem condition and performance , before trying to do any realy moding to the car and or engine.

theres several reasons to do this one is it gives you a solid base line for future mods and perforance gains . many guys are very suprise'd at how the car can perform when in oem like new condition ;)

We have them in ohio too... along with brown recluses ect.... there really not that big a deal, they will stick to there own... most times you could just let them crawl on your and they are not going to just attack you. Quit being a girl they are not going to come and suck your blood in your sleep. Wash the thing out if your that worried about it.

I would be keeping the spiders outside too. My cousin-in-law almost lost her arm a couple years ago after a brown recluse bite she got in her sleep. Hose the hood and spray it with bug killer and you'll be fine tho.

I would be keeping the spiders outside too. My cousin-in-law almost lost her arm a couple years ago after a brown recluse bite she got in her sleep. Hose the hood and spray it with bug killer and you'll be fine tho.

SCARY STUFF man, I had nightmares about spiders all night last night, and I didn't even read this until now. ARGH..

Off to read the newbie guide now, hehe.

Updates soon.

Updates:

I cleaned the battery terminals with sandpaper, and I'm currently soaking the bolt that holds it into the battery in coca-cola to clean.

I filled my power steering with ATF, and I need to see how it's leaking. I tried tightening the hose on it, hopefully that fixed it.

I tightened the hose that connects to the turbo.

I really got a feel for everything in my engine bay, I just looked around at it for about an hour or two, inspecting stuff.

I took pictures of EVERYTHING I think looks off, I'll post them all for help. (I'll make a topic)

My steering gearbox is leaking stuff, I wonder what I should do about that...

I don't even know where to start with cleaning fusible links. Can you guys give me an idea?

Do I just start unhooking random stuff and cleaning them?

I guess I was going to, but just don't have the right tools right now. (or money for the tools) (I bought a ton of tools and my friend got them confiscated, along with his truck, for smuggling illegal mexicans.....) (dumba**)

I found a lot of spots with no bolts that definitely should have something there, I'll post pictures and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I put fuel injector cleaner in my tank today, and put 5 gallons in. (I'm super broke) Hopefully that makes the car run smoother.

I still haven't figured out what is causing fuse 14 to pop, I'm working on it.

I wiped some stuff down in the engine bay,

I forgot what else I did, but I'll post more later.

One of my tires exploded last night, I guess when the previous owner said the tires were new, he probably exaggerated a little. Anyone know of any good places to get some nice tires for cheap, or what kind of tires I should get? (tire, or tires) I'm sure if I just take it somewhere they'd tell me anyway though.