VTEC! Not! New daily inside

Fanta

its just killing everyone who doesnt drive something with decent gas mileage, for most people its like they just work to pay for the gas they put in their vehicles. thats why im trying to finish my tsi build to bet like 5-7mpg better than the chevy truck im driving :(

Thats a good looking hatch for a good price. I picked up a '97 EX coupe for 500.00 a couple months back needs a front fender and a crank kit i was going to flip it but my wife wants to keep it so i'm not arguing LOL i've always wanted one to mess with anyways. Wish mine was a hatch but a coupe will do, Congrats on the new daily.

Thats a good looking hatch for a good price. I picked up a '97 EX coupe for 500.00 a couple months back needs a front fender and a crank kit i was going to flip it but my wife wants to keep it so i'm not arguing LOL i've always wanted one to mess with anyways. Wish mine was a hatch but a coupe will do, Congrats on the new daily.

Keep it, it's probably worth more to you in reliability and gas mileage than flipping it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. HX, EX, HJ???

Honda people,...... <_<

They're chassis codes and trim levels. HF and the ones with X's are trim levels, everything else is chassis codes.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. HX, EX, HJ???

Honda people,...... <_<

Chassis codes. Like how a Starion is an A187.

More like how a 1984-1987 Corolla GT-S is referred to as an AE86. You'll find amongst the Miata crowd them referring to NA ( 90-97 ) NB ( 98-2004 ) and NC ( 05+ ). HF, EG, EK9, EM1, EP3 etc refer to different Honda chassis. Sort of how we shorten Staron/Conquest to SQ, it's just simpler to type/say.

^ O no it's all about the VP I think it's value package..... they got nothing in them

Personaly I see little to no wrong with them, as long as you only want it for a point A to point B car they are great. I'm still amazed how abused and neglected some are and yet they still keep driving along. Kid down the street had an EK and I though he turboed it from the way it sounded like it was running. Turns out it was running on 2 cyl because of 100K of total neglect.

HF I believe is a sub-model for the EF series civic hatchback's/CRX's. High Fuel Efficient.

HF's were the high fuel efficient models, came only in hatchbacks and CRX's- '88-91 years. 45+MPG.

DX are base models, LX have some power options no sunroof, EX have V-tec engines, full power options, sunroof etc.

VX, HX, were the super economy models, no power anything, not even steering, no AC, No defrost, no door mouldings. But they came with high fuel efficient V-Tec engines.

I remember stupid kids buying the HX models and ricing them out thinking they were gonna race with them.

If you find a 96-00 Civic HX 5speed, snatch it! You can get 40+ MPG's out of those.

That 96 HX was awesome. Years before the prius, it was reguraly, getting 45mpg, sometimes as high as 52mpg. The one I had was a 5spd, had 186k miles and was still doing good on its original clutch. That model also offered the 1st cvt transmission as the automatic option.