VRSF fmic on a Conquest?

Soopaquest87

Ok so i am going to sell my friend my 1g Talon AWD shell and get a 89 Conquest for a 4g63 swap. Now i already have DSMlink ecu in the talon which i know i cant use i dont belive. And i also ordered a VRSF FMIC for it. Now my question is how much work would need to be dont to mount the 1g VRSF FMIC to a conquest? You can kinda see how it the inlet pipes will be and the outlet will be the same i belive ill up load pic of the kits core when it comes in October 2nd. Will be flowing backwards from a DSM i know but would still work the same.

post-24522-0-79743500-1348935975_thumb.jpg

You can definitely use DSMlink in the Conquest that is running a 4G63 so i wouldn't part with that. Look through the MPI section on here and there are plenty of posts about installing all varieties of FMIC. With a little mechanical ability, use of a welder and maybe sawzall anything is possible ;)

Wow sweet i had no idea you could use dsm link in it. Im going to search on that right now. But im guessing all i need from my DSMlik ecu from the talon would be just the chip and memory board and then socket the conquest ecu and put it in it? Or is it more complicated? Edited by Soopaquest87

Its more complicated. You need the dsm ecu and a wiring harness, in addition to adding a cam angle sensor to a 2.6. There have been one or two 2.6's started and "run" on a dsm ecu using link. but than we never hear any more about it.

Your posts are confusing. Is there a running 2.6 in the car now and your going 4gee later, or going 4gee from the git go

He wants to SWAP a 4G63 into the conquest. The 2.6 is irrelevant to using the D-Link.

Than he should allready know he can use link. If he needs us to help with an intercooler install, than he is in over his head doing a 4gee swap.

Edit, Here is a good resource for your swap. http://projectzerog.com/forum/

Edited by StarquestRescue

Than he should allready know he can use link. If he needs us to help with an intercooler install, than he is in over his head doing a 4gee swap.

Edit, Here is a good resource for your swap. http://projectzerog.com/forum/

And there where you just need to leave the post if you are going to say i dont know what i am doing. If you would learn to read the intercooler is for a 1g DSM not a Conquest. So if you dont know how to modify the quest to use a 1g fmic then get the hell out of my post.

Being a fresh fish, you shouldn't tell people to learn to read.

He's right though. If you can't figure out that your backdoor FMIC will require lots of cutting on the SQ to fit, then you aren't ready for this type of thing. Maybe have a shop build it. Almost nothing is going to just bolt on.

Its hard to look at fitment with out a car and fmic in front of you now aint it?

My mistake, i thought you already had the car and intercooler in front of you. 24" core plus the tanks, looks like it will be a tight fit. You may have to move it up from the air dam opening to clear the frame. The bumper support will surely need trimmed, lots of guys do that.

My mistake, i thought you already had the car and intercooler in front of you. 24" core plus the tanks, looks like it will be a tight fit. You may have to move it up from the air dam opening to clear the frame. The bumper support will surely need trimmed, lots of guys do that.

i put a intercooler in my old car i believe at widest was 31" but at around 29" it hit the bumper support, i cant remember

if he flips the intercooler upside down, he may have an easier fitment, since that looks like it would hit all the oil cooler lines etc normal way

Woah... you guys need to learn to chill out, it's just the internet.

New guy, welcome to the site again, please read the SQC Policy and abide by it. Also, having more than one username is against the rules so I've combined them for you. As you already know the members here are very helpful, don't be put off by a misunderstanding or let someone ruin your experience here.

Old guys, review again the Newbie Section Guidelines. If you are not prepared to help and be patient with new members then keep your comments to yourself. As already stated in the guidelines, We encourage a helpful atmosphere and will not tolerate abusive/unhelpful posts. This includes being condescending.

The member asked a question about installing a specific intercooler and DSMlink, there is no reason to stray from this topic, especially judging one's ability. Anything/everything else take it to PM's.

The most helpful thing is to give the dimensions of the intercooler you plan to use, and then compare them to dimensions of intercoolers other members have used. We have a thread already ongoing about the many sizes of intercoolers others have used, use the search to find it.

-Robert