Shot Ice Luge.... shot sugestions

jszucs

Ok so I am having a party this weekend and we are going to have a shot ice luge. Any sugestions on shots to use for it?

I want the shots to be strong pure liquer (or mostly) shots. I want to avoid anything that will cause us to have to run a flush run of water down it.... IE bailies other items with milk ect in them, and or thick shots like grashoppers ECT. And I also want the ladies to drink them too. My first though was washington apples (crown and apple liquer)

other sugestions?

Ladies love those Pinnacle flavored vodkas. They've got all kinds of weird ish; birthday cake, coffee, whipped cream, etc... They actually aren't too bad and will definitely catch you off guard if you aren't careful. Jagermeister & Black Haus would do well also.

No liquor suggestions, but I do have a luge design suggestion.

Involves nude ice sculpture and female parts. That's about as far as I can go with the description without violating SQC rules. :P

I'm sure you can figure it out ;)

Edited by ucw458

No liquor suggestions, but I do have a luge design suggestion.

Involves nude ice sculpture and female parts. That's about as far as I can go with the description without violating SQC rules. :P

I'm sure you can figure it out ;)

Yeah, I don't know I am that good with my dremel though. I do have a set from I would guess the 50's and its a mold that makes ice cubes of nude ladies. LOVE them.

Dmeyer's excelent sugestion there..... Going to get a whipped and a orange for cream sicles.... and they are clears so they won't force a wash. Jager I personly like but it can be a sticky mess in the luge

Edited by jszucs

WOW! Party'n has certainly "developed" over the years! What ever happened to a commercial trash can w/ ice @ the entrance, wherein each participant had to bring a bottle of their favorite, pour it in; adding it to the batch? Then of course... "Red Solo Cup" to dip. No one ever seemed to consider the quality of taste, just the achieved affect. Or... the keg on top of a counter, w/ a hose attached to the spigot; lay'n down on the floor (it usually came to) & see'n just how long one could keep their throat open & chugg'n. 10 seconds @ full throttle was alot of intake. I had a friend who could do it nearly a full minute. He was the host w/ the most, an above & beyond partier for sure. Unfortunately, he passed some years back; cause unknown to me.

Or "shot a minute"... up'n it to every 30 seconds w/ straight liquor/grain alcohol. That's about as creative as we got, & it seemed to be enough. As I write... it also seems to be a wonder that many of us survived?

Good luck w/ the party, sounds way cool :P ! Inspiring!

Kidjc...... O man you have got a lot to learn then. 10 seconds would be considered weak sauce now adays even for a girl.... and they are done upside down while doing a hand stand on the keg..... it's callled keg stands. And yes a Keg is also required the luge is just an added item and it's costing me nothing other then the water to fill the rubermade tub, and some of my time with a dremel.

We will also have beer pong (though everyone hates I make them play full 8' pingpong table and hand behind the table release.

Kidjc...... O man you have got a lot to learn then. 10 seconds would be considered weak sauce now adays even for a girl.... and they are done upside down while doing a hand stand on the keg..... it's callled keg stands. And yes a Keg is also required the luge is just an added item and it's costing me nothing other then the water to fill the rubermade tub, and some of my time with a dremel.

We will also have beer pong (though everyone hates I make them play full 8' pingpong table and hand behind the table release.

With this said, how true! However, Old Dog, No new tricks! A handstand on top of a keg eh? That just wouldn't happen, & many years ago I was a fair gymnast? Shoot... I thought riding a mechanical bull set on "10" was too risky, after see'n a well intoxicated lean & hungry good ole boy in front of me in line get thrown straight up in the air, hand'n on his head, hear'n his neck crackle & pop, while adjusted on "6". Party On & Enjoy!

^ HA that's because noone wants to see dudes ride the bull, they want to see hot ladies ride the bull. My friend ran one at the bar downtown and prided himself at ejecting any guys as fast as possible. Give him a hot chick and he will make sure she's riding the bull all night.

That being said they have made them rediculously weak now though. And I have seen a few people land on there heads.

^ me to I got more of a buzz / headache from the sweet taste / sugar or flavoring in it then the alcohol.

As for the tunnel I have seen them with it, and it does not work to well, as the liquer just falls though to fast. Best bet is a back and forth snaking on the top. Also if you want to make cool tunnels, you can insert a coil of tubeing where ever you want when you get the water into a slushy state, then just run warm water though it, and it pulls right out...... Yes I have done this before.

I also stopped off at harbor fraight and got some cheep LED flashlights which I will drill a few holes and insert the lights for afterhours

Instead of having at the ice block with a dremel, you might try using some small diameter conduit and a propane torch. If you were quick with it, you could even make an ice tunnel. :ph34r:

As for making one, I have found it best to say use the dremel to make a faint path / line say a snaking line back and forth down the block, then take a squirt bottel with hot water in it and let it slowly flow down until you find you can squirt the water at the top and not have it run over the sides. You only need a faint line and slowly apply the hot water at first, as it melts out it makes a perfect trough for the liquer to follow.

Im a top shelf tequila fan myself, but most folks arent, I would suggest a Grey Goose or Kettel One and Red Bull mix (or your preferred energy drink) for the luge. Alot of folks enjoy the RB and vodka or jagerbombs anyway. I always wanted to pour goose and RB into one of those slushie machines that folks use for margaritas and daquiries and see how it turns out.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

BC O man we would get along well. Though I don't like the patrons ect I think there is way better out there for the money. Ohio sucks on there liquer list though so you have to jump though hoops to get stuff outside the main stream.

I've run nightclubs for the past 20+ years and we've done some pretty cool stuff...shot luges being one of them. We've found that most people like to do plain old single liquor or liquer shots. Some of the more popular are:

1. Tuaca

2. Goldschlager

3. Jagermeister

4. Chambord

5. Rumpleminze

Also good sugestions. Got the ice block started yesterday. Seems almost solid this morning. We filled a rubbermade with ice then water and put it in the frezer.

Got bigger problems on my hands now though. Seems the motor don't work on the roticery. Took it all apart last night and I am hoping it's this small transformer that one side is bubbled out of. I guess I'll know soon. Got it at custom electric.

Whipped Vodka is a great choice! Although people will be on the floor before ya know it ;) I would use Southern Comfort but that's just me. A lot of girls around here go nuts over Washington Apple, or mix up a big batch of Yager Bomb for all kinds of fun craziness :D

Ok so to report in (have to get pics from my girl as im not the pic taking type). It went well. The ice carves super easy with a drill and a large bit drill bit like a 1/2" bit (non wing type bit)

Lessons learned..... do not try to freeze it fast. It will trap bubbles and the bubbles rising leaves straw like holes though the ice. About 2 hours in and you have holes melted right though the block. So start out with warm water it will freze clear and without many bubble. Also they work very well for chugging beers and it's fun for 2 people to race with beers because you can keep doing it. If there are going to be kids around it seems to really attract kids when you are carving / preping it, so might as well use them and make up some koolade ect. You need to run a few prelim drinks down the lanes you carve so use the kids with the kolade and they will get your fill and leave the adults alone then.