NikoFab JDM Rear Hatch Spoiler: GP Closed

NikoFab

Wow, that looks fantastic mate! Very very true to the original. I like the symmetry... Do you ship internationally? Hah! ;).

What's your next awesome starquest reproduction project going to be?

Wow, that looks fantastic mate! Very very true to the original. I like the symmetry... Do you ship internationally? Hah! ;).

What's your next awesome starquest reproduction project going to be?

Thank you sir...I really couldn't have done it without you Z-man. Sure I'll ship international!

As far as other projects, I've already got some more guys who want one of these. If enough people sign up, I'll do another run.

And then I've got two other projects I'm researching, but will hold off posting them until I get these spoilers out.

So, what will it take to get one of those? Are you still making them, selling them?

Thank you for the interest! What has started out as a fun little project has turned into an animal! LOL! But I'm learning alot and enjoying it all the same. It has led me to researching some other projects for our cars as well. I'll keep those under wraps for the moment, but will let you guys know as soon as they come close to fruition. A website is under development as well...I'll post the URL as soon as it's complete.

As far as the spoilers go, I am still working on finishing the first run of 30 units. I have several other guys asking about wanting one of these as well. If you'd like to be added to that list (located on page 10 of this thread) let me know and I'll mark you down. As soon as I start taking orders for a second run, those of you on the list will get first dibs on the group buy. I estimate turn-around time from the date of materials purchase to be 6-8 weeks.

Please do not send a deposit for the next run at this time. I want to get this first run finished first, and then see what the cost per unit would be on a second smaller run. I was able to get a price break on materials for this because of the volume of material that I ordered. Since the price of materials involved in this item changes semi-frequently, and since future runs would undoubtedly be smaller than this first run, I cannot promise the same price point as this run without researching costs first.

Please note that I'm not making a dime on this first run...I'm actually losing money because it costs me $157.00 to produce each one of these (acrylic, mill-finished steel, acids, enamel, rubber coating, bushings, o-rings, bolts, washers, and paypal fees add up quick!). But I did it because there was an interest, and I'm new here and needed to make a quality first product at a reduced rate so that you members could see my work. The best advertising is a previous customer. If I am to continue making these on the regular, I would certainly want to make a little profit for my time. I estimate that it takes me approximately 6 hours total to make one of these when I do the arithmetic. As such, I would estimate future spoiler kits to run in the $185.00 (plus shipping) neighborhood, providing material costs remain roughly the same. Keep in mind, nobody else is producing this JDM Spec spoiler (and certainly not at this price point), and this would still be cheaper than even the unfinished (no paint, no color) FRP version of the US-Spec spoiler out on the market. Hope that seems fair to everyone.

Anyway, let me know if you'd be interested in a future run, and I'll mark you down.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Nikolaya

I think it would be cool for everyone to send in an additional $10 at least, to cover costs paid by by nick on his own.

He's making a cool enough part that everyone is gonna love. He have his valuable time just to loose $7 a piece. It comes to $200 + dollars and countless hours. All who think this is fair, let's pony up another $10 Ickes and show our appreciation.

PayPal sent.

Thanks

Tae

Agree with Taesallin...Nick has been gracious enough to take on this project, and keep us informed through out the process...10$ more? No problem with that here...Thanks Nick for putting in all your time and effort!

I think it would be cool for everyone to send in an additional $10 at least, to cover costs paid by by nick on his own.

He's making a cool enough part that everyone is gonna love. He have his valuable time just to loose $7 a piece. It comes to $200 + dollars and countless hours. All who think this is fair, let's pony up another $10 Ickes and show our appreciation.

PayPal sent.

Thanks

Tae

Agree with Taesallin...Nick has been gracious enough to take on this project, and keep us informed through out the process...10$ more? No problem with that here...Thanks Nick for putting in all your time and effort!

Wow! Thanks guys that's very much appreciated, but certainly not necessary. I told you guys I'd get these done for $150 plus shipping, and I will hold true to that. I'm actually very pleased that I was able to get it that close! BTW, cross your collective fingers...I should start shipping these out some time next week...woohoo!

Wow! Thanks guys that's very much appreciated, but certainly not necessary. I told you guys I'd get these done for $150 plus shipping, and I will hold true to that. I'm actually very pleased that I was able to get it that close! BTW, cross your collective fingers...I should start shipping these out some time next week...woohoo!

I'm also agree... & even though Nick has been gracious enough to bare the additional costs per "his word" on price, I feel that's the least I can do to help off-set his costs. I will be sending him the additonal monies, & most likely be involved on the 2nd GP as well.

I was thinking the same before i even logged on and read the above ^ , i agree , i'll be adding a few bucks more when i pay the balance due , glad to see others think likewise and showing we're not all tight arses on here ,making something like this from start to finish is the ultimate time vampire ! anyway Nick i'm back around here , i will pm you and a couple of other guys who have been waiting to here from me for a couple of months . Scotty Edited by SOTTY

I'm also agree... & even though Nick has been gracious enough to bare the additional costs per "his word" on price, I feel that's the least I can do to help off-set his costs. I will be sending him the additonal monies, & most likely be involved on the 2nd GP as well.

I was thinking the same before i even logged on and read the above ^ , i agree , i'll be adding a few bucks more when i pay the balance due , glad to see others think likewise and showing we're not all tight arses on here ,making something like this from start to finish is the ultimate time vampire ! anyway Nick i'm back around here , i will pm you and a couple of other guys who have been waiting to here from me for a couple of months . Scotty

LOL...you guys are great...but seriously this is not necessary. Let me put it this way...you guys buying these in the first place (even at the $150 price) has afforded me the opportunity to get a lot of practice and research time in...which I will be able to use on some upcoming projects that I haven't announced yet. So in essence, you guys did me a huge favor already. I look at it as me spending a few extra dollars now to create the potential for true profit dollars down the road.

Anyway, the thought is much appreciated guys. Jerry, thanks for the interest in the next run of spoilers. Scotty, good to see you back on the boards!

Edited by Nikolaya

Gentlemen,

Yes we've finally made it. All spoilers are cut and formed. All brackets are acid washed, primed, and enameled...only thing left is to rubberize the mounting surfaces which I will do over the next few days. All center supports are complete. I've got a stack of spoilers sitting in my garage. Now if I could only get the darn boxes in! :mad:

U-Line will be shipping me the boxes tomorrow or Thursday, so I should be able to pack these babies up over the weekend, and start shipping them out this coming Monday, October 15th. I will be spending the the rest of this week getting each of you your shipping quote to add to your remaining balance for the spoiler itself...so be sure to check your PMs over the weekend. I will provide each of you a tracking number, and will be insuring each spoiler for the $150.00 purchase price.

If you do not hear from me by Sunday evening, PM me so that I can get you your information. As soon as I receive the balance due plus shipping, your spoiler goes out the following day!

BTW, I will have pics up of the completely installed kit over the weekend as well...just waiting on N8's side decals to arrive so I can apply them.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Nikolaya