52MM Throttle Body's *** Maybe ***

Hey Brain! pretty interested in these. Will you be porting the runners on the intake to? or is this just mainly focused on the mixer portion?

Time is the big issue here right now. To port the runners it takes close to two hours which is why I charge $75.00 to do it. If you wanted to send the parts in that would be fine but I would have to do all the intake porting together after I complete the throttle body's. It's a lot easier to do each part at the same time.

I have 10 or the 52mm TB's going together now and I'm going to do my best to get everything else (intakes, mixers) done in a timely manner. I've been out of it again for about 6 months because life has thrown me a bunch of curve balls and they come from every direction. If it's not moving (I HATE MOVING!!!) it's BS at work, vehicles breaking down, everyone coming over with work they need done asap and then there are times when I just say screw it and go to the beach to get away from everything / everyone.

Life has settled down the last few weeks so I'm starting to get back to doing little projects like these 52mm setups.

Aside from StarQuests here is my other love that I have been doing since I was about 5 years old. The link should work even if your not logged into the site.

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=12473

I understand man. I'm glad your getting back into the swing of things, I'm very pleased with your braided turbo oil and coolant lines. My next plan is to grab some of your matching braided fuel lines in the near future. Keep up the great work man, we all really appreciate whatyou do. :)

I really don't plan to close the GP on the 52mm TB's but just continue as time allows. Right now I plan to complete 8-10 52mm TB's and then move on to the intakes and mixer housings. People can do one of two things, just get the 52mm TB and then do the intake and mixer work themselves or wait until I start the intakes and I can do it for them. The mixer housing port work is somewhat optional but opening up the intake to match the 52mm TB is not. I will try my best to keep this whole GP moving along in a timely manner but again I'm just building the 52mm throttle body's at this time. Once they are done I will move on to the intakes and mixer housings. I hope this helps to let everyone know how I plan to move ahead with the GP. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Hey Brain! pretty interested in these. Will you be porting the runners on the intake to? or is this just mainly focused on the mixer portion?

I have one slot left for this batch and this will just be for the 52mm TB. After I get all them done then I will start working on everyone's intakes and mixers if they want me to do them. Runner porting is an option and is $75.00 for that work. As soon as I get everyone's parts and / or payments this GP will be locked in. Once all 10 people are done then hopefully I will have time to start another 52mm GP.

Ok, let me know what you would like to do.

Full setup please! I have some extra parts here for cores. :)

Sounds good and I just want to be clear with everyone on the cores.

1.) If you are going to need a 3 port throttle body I need a 3 port as a core. It just maintains the balance of parts because I generally sell a lot more 3 port than I do 4 port so eventually I will have a bunch of 4 port TB's that no one can use.

2.) They also must be usable. By this I mean not rusted solid, they don't have the TPS holes stripped out / all buggered up or bolts broken off in them.

3.) They must be complete. I cannot use a TB with linkage parts missing.

With that said whenever you are ready you can send in your parts. Even with everyone's name on the list it will be a first come, first pay basis. As everyone gets their parts the list will get updated so we all know whats going on.

Ok, any questions just let me know.

I'm getting asked if I would give discounts for sending in extra core parts like I did in the past. As far as these setups go I'm not really interested in doing any core discounts. There is a lot of work involved to put these together and now I also work a full time job so my time is pretty limited. If anyone has extra parts available it would be better if you just post up what you have. This way if someone needed an intake or TB you could help them out. I know some people don't want to mod their stock parts so they will be looking for cores. Edited by brianpaul98

I'm in for the works pming you questions

I just put you down as # 10 for the full setup. Any questions just let me know.

Hey Brian,

Are you willing to do 2 more complete setups? I've got 2 complete cores I can send you, and possibly a few extra bits (mixer housings) for your collection, I honestly have no use for them.

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer, so as not to clog up your thread.

Thanks & glad to see you're still around,

-Dale

Hey Brian,

Are you willing to do 2 more complete setups? I've got 2 complete cores I can send you, and possibly a few extra bits (mixer housings) for your collection, I honestly have no use for them.

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer, so as not to clog up your thread.

Thanks & glad to see you're still around,

-Dale

Hello Dale, if you want to send all your parts in I will do them for you. Right now I'm working on the 10 TB's that I have started and then I'm going to start the intakes. I have people who just want the 52mm and nothing else so when I'm ready to move on to the intakes I can do both of yours at that time. You might just have to wait for the next batch of TB's to get done to complete the setup. If you don't mind a little wait send everything in and I'll have it ready to go.

Brian Arnone

410 Houston Court

Castle Hayne, NC. 28429

Edited by brianpaul98

Well here is an update on the 52mm TB's. I have them all bored out and I'm working on the shafts now. I should have them done tonight or tomorrow and then on to the flaps. Stay tuned for more updates.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/brianarnone2009/52MM%20Throttle%20Bodys/52mmBoredout.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in the the full set. (Intake, Throttle Body, Mixer housing) Have have been looking forward to getting this done. Your final Product looks great. I will also send in my cores.

I just wanted to confirm that your cores had arrived last week and I will be keeping you updated as the process moves along.

OK, Thanks for confirming that you got them. It's peace of mind. Looking forward to those updates!

Right now I'm working on the throttle shafts. They are a three step process after I glass bead them. First the slot needs to be elongated for the larger throttle flap, second I need to machine the screw hole chamfers deeper for the new stainless allen screws and third I mill the shaft itself down .100" for better airflow.

I have the first two steps done to 10 shafts and I have three shafts are milled down. I should have the rest done this week. When I get a chance I'll post up some pictures.

Edited by brianpaul98

Got my TB today. Super impressive work. Thanks a bunch.

Awesome and I'm glad you like it. If you need anything else just let me know.

I sent you some cores yesterday, they should be there early next week via usps.

BC_99

Ohhh there already here ;-) I'll keep you posted as the work progresses.

Argh, just pulled out my core parts to send you and it looks like I only have the intake manifold. I will need to find a whole TB assembly first.... Edited by SFBMX88