Very sad news for my car

The Rabbit1

While upgreding my engine ground in preperation for my alternator upgrade coming soo I noticed a line in the frame.. seems the wreck the PO had in it was more than cosmetic.. The frame rail is cracked, radiator supports are pushed over and bent, and a good half of the front end is jerry rigged or super glued together.

So my car has been deemed to be terminal..

It looks straight, and drives straight, but it will never get to be what I was planning it to be. So now after all the work I did on it, all the parts I have waiting to go into it, I'm debating whether to find a body for it, a replacement quest, or just part it and get an 8 series BMW.. decisions..

I didn't find out until my car was halfway through paint and body work that it had been in an accident. The whole unibody was off by a full inch and we pulled it with a frame puller back in place. Things like that can be repaired, you can gusset the frame and cut and weld things to make it all better again ;).
  • Like 1

I didn't find out until my car was halfway through paint and body work that it had been in an accident. The whole unibody was off by a full inch and we pulled it with a frame puller back in place. Things like that can be repaired, you can gusset the frame and cut and weld things to make it all better again ;).

and what's that going to run? versus getting another shell or running car?

what is your time worth? You ever strip and swap to aonther car to a full restore condition to two cars that was otherwise fully intact? that's days and days of work.

what is your time worth? You ever strip and swap to aonther car to a full restore condition to two cars that was otherwise fully intact? that's days and days of work.

exactly why I'm not really interested. probly will just weld and drive her till she dies or I find a nice roller that needs a motor/drivetrain

Id weld it up and run it. Its not like you're trying to win shows with it or anything. If you had to pull the motor to see it its probably not too terrible.

Or weld it up, sell it as a whole (fully disclosing the repairs) and buy the bmw

• Like 1

Id weld it up and run it. Its not like you're trying to win shows with it or anything. If you had to pull the motor to see it its probably not too terrible.

Or weld it up, sell it as a whole (fully disclosing the repairs) and buy the bmw

as many people that ask how much I want for it I could probably get a good amount for it, lol

doesnt cost more than a couple hundred to fix. under $500 i'm sure. problem i found is trying to do a small job. the better shops are useuly too busy raping the insurance Co.'s to waste time fixxing some "old" car. not to be negitive, but get it safe and drive it, some jerk in a BMW on a cell phone will total it soon anyway :-o

+1 for fix it, C300

Years if your a picky person. Ive avraged 3 yeras on the previous 2 and IDK like 5 on the quest.

Yeah just get it welded up if yoh cant so it yourself. Swapping to a different body is a huge undertaking and if your like me you will want fix every part as you go and that gets time consuming and costly!