lets walk the diesel talk

zmcreynolds

the diesels were only wide blocks. i mated mine to an auto trans which was never an option ever in a diesel. i had to mod the starter and flex plate but it is doable so he can run the 5 speed or auto. i would recommend the auto myself. due to the taller gearing. those diesels do not like RPMS at all. also are you going to source a fuel heater/water separator? also your going to need a starter....the 2.6 will fit but its not gonna turn that beast over....300psi of compression......

i do have a filter/ heater/water separator, the diesel came with the starter, and its going on the stock tranny

Where did u guys find these diesel motors a website or what also if u dont mind me askin how much do they cost

soshin usa, out of cali. and the motor without the auto tranny was 2 g's

Edited by zmcreynolds

i now have my flywheel from being resurfaced, and clutch. now i just waiting on a oil pan gasket, that will be here sat. morn.. hope to have the motor in this weekend with pics up shortly there after, and a vid by wed.

There is a vac. pump on the alt. that i will just run a vac. hose off of, to the tube on the brake booster.Then the bad news, starter is bad so i gotta wait on that to come in before i can even give it a test run. so now starts the ups ground waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...
ok so i got the new starter in about 5 days ago, the diesel starter does not engage the flywheel, and the starions old old starter just dont have the nuts to turn the engine over. already tryed to make a franken starter, no go. so now im stuck with a TD starion thats done and just needs a starter. Edited by zmcreynolds

did you hook it to a 5speed or an auto trans? fly wheel should be the same auto is different. why is it not engaging? is it not reaching the teethe or shooting past them? there has to be some more reason why its not working.

hooked it to a five speed but it came off a auto, the starter is not reaching the flywheel. the starter turn and does every thing its made to do but hit the flywheel.

auto and maual are different. the flex plate teeth stick farther out than the fly wheel of a 5speed..... what i did was remove that hog ring off the starter gear,,,, remover the gear,,,, than flip it over. you will need to check if it rubs when not engaged. if it does, you will have to remove some of the gear height. that is if your using a diesel starter.....

I love that all the diesel Starion talk and action is coming from Utah. You in Vernal, another guy in Spanish Fork, I thought about it when I was in SLC ... great stuff.

Maybe one day I'll do a Conquest with a Merc inline-5 turbo diesel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
so the TDStarion is doing great. i have done about 500mi so far and not a problem one. the diesel has made it a new car ( power band and all) it eats up the mount. roads like it aint no thang.the hp is nothing to brag about, but the tq. is bout the same as stock and i think more fun with the way it comes on. i will have a vid a.s.a.p. just wating on a few lil fix ups.

This is awesome. Trade you a new built gas engine that has no oil pressure for it...hahahahaha.

Would go better with my airplane theme as it sounds like one :ph34r:

I'm assuming this is almost direct bolt in?

Edited by strang3majik

got the boost up to 15. have not tuched the fuel screw yet and it pumps out the black smoke. going to put a e.g.t. in this weekend then start tunning more. and strang3majik. yes it was old motor out new diesel in. all i had to mess with was oil pan, and starter, since the diesel came from a auto 4wd. other than that strait swap.