TESTING THE WATER. WTS CF/FIBERGLASS AIR SPLITTER FOR 88-89 FRONT AIR DAM

namelessdriver

I'm curious to see how these come out. I'm working on something similar, but it sticks out a little further than yours. However, mine will just be black lexan to keep the cost down over buying and laying CF.

I may be down for one of yours tho. I'd like a CF one, but I'm too lazy to do all that work LOL. Have you looked into just buying pre-made CF sheets and cutting the parts out of that? It might save you some labor time, and therefor cost.

looks interesting and I am curious to see what others say about the final product.

At this point, i am not sold on it "saving" the airdam - i think that with the splitter being a harder material and it bolted to the airdam, it wont allow flex the way the factory airdam urethane does and cause more damage than it would save IMO

<subscribed>

• Like 1

I'm very interested, maybe more than (1). I'm not quite sure of the size as already addressed, nor do I understand the reasoning behind the "two piece?" If I read correctly, you will offer a couple of different finishes? Would "definitely" like to see the actual finished/installed product(s). There has definitely been a lack of availability on these, way to go!
  • Like 1

ok guys, i will take pics of the mounting hardware from underneath. I am not trying to get full credit for this product due to the fact that im just taking the previous suppliers part and basically duplicating it, i will be offering it in CF/fiberglass and just fiberglass alone for probably $80 less. i believe the reasoning why the previous supplier made it a two piece is first of all reduce the price of shipping a bulky item, and also to reduce the chances of damage during shipping. If it was made as one piece, theres a huge chance of it breaking in half or what not. as far as first couple being made, its going to be exactly how it is shown in the pictures above that i have posted. and for LEESFER, since you are a SD local i am always down to help a fellow SD brotha out. I will personally find away to make it a bit longer in the front end so you can have your rod stabilizers installed like you wish. but i cant promise to make it right away, one step at a time k? But trust me I have taken a lot of your suggestions in consideration and which is very well appreciated by me and my partner. Just let me produce a couple of these first and atleast show you guys the final product. I know its never the best idea to bring up the subject until i have a final product to show, but i truly posted this to get the responses i have been receiving so we can do our best to meet all of your expectations. thanks again guys! we will do our best to not let you guys down.

I recently had one made in aluminum and he had to make two pieces and weld them together and paint it black. This cost more that I wanted to pay, so I'm glad there are other options. I need one for my other SQ.

no same price bro, we appreciate all of your input. so no worries. how many inches further out do you wish for it to stick out? from the airdam lip?

I would measure it, but I don't have an airdam, from the pics you posted I think just 2 inches further than the others, something around the length of the image I posted on the 1st page of the thread would be awesome

That way I could use the support rods to adjust the pitch

That way I could use the support rods to add tension so when it taps something it will crack under the preload

this is what I see coming. making a full piece from one side to the other, with no way to relieve the tension of the pulling of the rods will end badly. unless your car is a track only car.

Hey Rabbit1 now it makes better sense why the originator made it a two piece to begin with, rods or not. The two piece helps to be more flexible over all.

btw heres the photos of mounting, im thinking maybe its better to use 10mm bolts instead of screws, screws are pretty tacky.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/jmisenas37/IMAG0045.jpg?t=1332096444http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/jmisenas37/IMAG0046.jpg?t=1332096429http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/jmisenas37/IMAG0047.jpg?t=1332096419

this is what I see coming. making a full piece from one side to the other, with no way to relieve the tension of the pulling of the rods will end badly. unless your car is a track only car.

My car IS a track only car, why else would I want a functional splitter? Also, my daily driver is about 2 inches lower than my Starion. These cars have so much ground clearance it's crazy

Edited by leesfer

No doubt it's a good price, it's just not the product I am looking for

i understand.... you want what you want lol.... im sure he could make 1 like you want for maybe for a few bucks more.

My car IS a track only car, why else would I want a functional splitter? Also, my daily driver is about 2 inches lower than my Starion. These cars have so much ground clearance it's crazy

I can barely get a jack under my conquest with eibachs as it is, and my low profile only needs 3" to slide in, do you have any suspension travel in your DD?

I can barely get a jack under my conquest with eibachs as it is, and my low profile only needs 3" to slide in, do you have any suspension travel in your DD?

No not really. It's on 10kg coilovers which, at maximum height, give me 4 inches of ground clearance

• 3 weeks later...
alright im sorry i left you guys hanging for weeks! my mother in law has been in and out of the hospital since ive last signed on. just wanna give u guys a heads up that i did stop production,but finished the last layer tonight. by the way, we actually started a new sheet with way better quality materials. will discuss the price difference once final product is cut. sorry for lagging guys. i seen another member sell some abs ones, which is cool! but im sure you guys will love our final product.

by the way, i havent measured the thickness yet but, its most definitely thicker than the abs template im using. theres a dirty joke in there somewhere haha. but yes its also going to be alot stronger than the abs. and leesfer ive already made a template for your splitter no worries.