TESTING THE WATER. WTS CF/FIBERGLASS AIR SPLITTER FOR 88-89 FRONT AIR DAM

namelessdriver

Hey guys, I dont post on forums often but I have been around the community for a while. Now that I've noticed no one is producing the plexiglass air splitters, I dont see it being a problem if I started producing them for the community. I just wanna test the waters and see if there is still some interest in this part. I have 3 sets in process as of right now, it will be made with one layer of Carbon fiber, one layer of fiberglass, and one thick layer of fiberglass mat. It will be a two piece set with hardware included(which the previous producer did not include in his kit, i know because i bought 3 of them),and also thinking of including a rubber guard for the lip. Im pricing a set at $250+shipping which shouldn't be much cause its pretty light and easy to handle.So what do you guys think? Please don't hesitate to reply to my post, I just need some kind of feedback. thanks again! No hard feelings for bad responses.

-Jan

nameless driver

post-15871-0-21382600-1332005530_thumb.jpg

BTW, the Pros on installing one is to actually protect your front air dam that we all love so much to keep in great shape. which the previous supplier has proved that the air splitter does help conserve the front air dam, Iike i said above, I have the air splitter on my cars and it most definitely works. other than that, it may have some performance improvement as far as cooling the oil pan and oil cooler, but not really a huge difference.

Hey crazy quest, thanks for the quick response. I attached a photo on my first post, to show the part in process. Laying down the layer of fiberglass and fiberglass mat today. Hopefully have a prototype to take pics of by next week. and i will most definitely PM you once i post up the pictures. thanks again for the response! very well appreciated!

I have them on my car, ill take one a pic later when i get home from work, and ill take a pic of the template im using also. the picture above on the blue quest is pretty close, just no metal rods. metal rods can be added tho if wanted. i just really dont know where to get them as of right now. ill do some research and see who supplys those rods.

Those rods can be found in a number of places including eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=splitter+rod&_sacat=0&_odkw=splitter+rods&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I would at least have a place to mount the rods, but would prefer to have them included if I was to buy a splitter

k these are suggestions and concerns i was targeting in acquiring with this post, and I really do appreciate all the responses and links to do my best at meeting customer satisfaction. Btw infamos, the picture above with the blue quest is a different from the template i have at home. It doesn't round off at the front, its a straight edge, its probably the closest outline to the vehicles contour.

also about rivets, once i have a couple produced and shipped. Just mention to me you want it blank with no drilled holes, cause the holes might be to big for the rivets you have or what not.

Drilled holes are fine. I'm excited to see the product.

i'm interested as well. the one on the blue car is nice, but anyone with a significantly lowered car would scrape it almost any inclined driveway. heck, i have a hard time not craping the airdam goinng into my own garge.

following the lines of the airdam and not comming out too much would be good protection for the bottom of the airdam. having it bolted on with those rods looks dangerous. if you ever do get your airdam caught in anything, you dont want them to rip out the wholw airdam! just my thoughts

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa475/Taeisallin/89%20Conquest%20TSI/?action=view&current=questgarage2.jpg

thanks

tae

Hmm if those pics you posted are the same size you are planning on cutting I don't know if I'd be interested... too short and not adjustable doesn't make me want to drop the money on it

Are you saving the material from the inside of the cut? Why not have the splitter all the way across rather than u-shaped?

Edited by leesfer

Hmm if those pics you posted are the same size you are planning on cutting I don't know if I'd be interested... too short and not adjustable doesn't make me want to drop the money on it

Are you saving the material from the inside of the cut? Why not have the splitter all the way across rather than u-shaped?

i would assume he could make more per sheet of material,,, cost savings... that is a real reasonable price.

• Like 1