New to this car, new to the club, Hi my name is....

Every1zgot1

Carlos. Nice to meet everyone. I stumbled across my car on a Craigslist ad while searching for mid 80s Supras. I had forgotten all about the cool Conquest car. (I'm 36 btw) I know nothing about this car so I've been reading as much as I could from this site for the last 3 weeks. After all the reading and talking to the seller for background and pictures, I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought my first Chrysler Conquest. Its an '88 that is as far i know completely stock. Never been touched other than a repaint back in 1998. its seems to be in phenomenal condition. All the electronics work, (minus a missing antenna and the AC isn't hooked up) and the wear and tear seems minimal minus worn leather front seats.

Drove it 71 miles home yesterday no problem and this morning looked at the garage floor to not one drop of any type of fluid which was great. Anyway, i'm hoping to learn as much as i can from all of you as i'm starting from zero knowledge on this car. I'm attaching some pics so you can see it, i gave it a quick wash this morning, but still haven't cleaned interior or engine bay yet. feel free to share what 'you' would do with this car...keep it stock or go for the mods. Looking forward to sharing my experience with all of you.

Carlos

Olympia, WA

more images of car here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/every1zgot1/

post-24753-0-02595800-1330911265_thumb.jpg

post-24753-0-69162300-1330911266_thumb.jpg

post-24753-0-57379900-1330911268_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the addiction!

I dont live too far from you (in bonney lake), Ive been eyeballing that car myself, but it just wouldnt be reasonable for me right now. That color (durban maroon) was an '88 only color, and is very rare. I say leave it close to stock, but thats just me. The louvers are a nice touch for sure. If you decide you dont want them, im sure there are many members on here who would :) haha.

Looks like a super clean car!

sweet car! just started my quest to learn more on these great machines, and let me tell you that these guys can really help.you in anything you might have problems with. great place to be in and great members to learn more from.

oh and if you dont want the louvers ill buy them from you...lol

thanks Krickets....nah i'm keeping the Louvers and as stock as possible. this Forum is great..i've already fixed two issues with the car just by searching for them (brake & wash lights were stuck on) I've already read how to fix the antenna and clean up the wheels as well. Super excited about this car.

Whats up man welcome to the love of these cars. And as far as the SHP thing goes, does your car have the 8in. front wheels or the 7in. front wheels? If you have the 8in. wide fronts, then you have the SHP model of these cars. And you should do some research on the car to find out if the color it is now is the original color of if it was another color.

thanks Krickets....nah i'm keeping the Louvers and as stock as possible. this Forum is great..i've already fixed two issues with the car just by searching for them (brake & wash lights were stuck on) I've already read how to fix the antenna and clean up the wheels as well. Super excited about this car.

New members have limited access to the site due to the lack of wanting to search and read what has already been posted. You, on the other hand, has researched rather than asked the same question for the umpteenth time. I am going to change your status to "member" to give you full access to SQC. Welcome and enjoy the car and the comraderie here.

Jimmy

I appreciate the status change. I've been reading a ton and learing about this car is awesome. Example: I thought my radio button lights didn't work....uh, found the 'light' button and boom, let there be lights. Thie newbie checklist has been super helpful too. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66449. Doing full tune up this weekend to include flushing the cooling system. The sun came out yesterday and I drove the car to work...it was fun explaining the car to my co-workers. :)

@BlueDemon...I confirmed that the car is the correct Maroon. the paintcode is R88....and I do have the wider wheels as well. Checked the Powersteering fluid level and it was dry! ahhh...I'll be picking up ATF tonight after work...hopefully its not damaged. Also tuning it up this weekend. I'll post more pics after I detail the car as well.

Welcome to the club! Its great to see another person become aware of how cool these cars are and take care of it. I remember I was introduced to these cars because a buddy of mine and his father picked one up for a father son project. Immediately I wanted one but I didn't actually acquire one for another few years until a buddy of ours went off to college and decided he was willing to sell his (which he got because he like our buddies car btw, vicious cycle lol). When I got the car it was in horrible shape, but because of the information and people here its now in great mechanical shape and will soon have a fresh coat of paint. Basically, you've found the mecha for information for these cars lol.

Allen

Carlos. Nice to meet everyone. I stumbled across my car on a Craigslist ad while searching for mid 80s Supras. I had forgotten all about the cool Conquest car. (I'm 36 btw) I know nothing about this car so I've been reading as much as I could from this site for the last 3 weeks. After all the reading and talking to the seller for background and pictures, I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought my first Chrysler Conquest. Its an '88 that is as far i know completely stock. Never been touched other than a repaint back in 1998. its seems to be in phenomenal condition. All the electronics work, (minus a missing antenna and the AC isn't hooked up) and the wear and tear seems minimal minus worn leather front seats.

Drove it 71 miles home yesterday no problem and this morning looked at the garage floor to not one drop of any type of fluid which was great. Anyway, i'm hoping to learn as much as i can from all of you as i'm starting from zero knowledge on this car. I'm attaching some pics so you can see it, i gave it a quick wash this morning, but still haven't cleaned interior or engine bay yet. feel free to share what 'you' would do with this car...keep it stock or go for the mods. Looking forward to sharing my experience with all of you.

Carlos

Olympia, WA

more images of car here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/every1zgot1/

Welcome!!!! NICE!!!